1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Where to order an OCDC for a WB.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by casey, Dec 6, 2001.

1. casey

casey Guest

We won't be using micro-mulch next near if our blower ban passes so we can take advantage of the discharge to blow drives. Was wondering if there is a someone that will man. & ship OCDC's for 36WB's. Has anyone made their own?
  2. Kent Lawns

Kent Lawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

We made our own.

I don't know of a manufacturer.
  3. I am in the process of making one for a 52" and a 44" toro by modifing the existing discharge chutes and adding a universal automotive manual choke cable as the control.

I will post pics when I am done sometime next week.
  4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Someone else made one like this, using the choke cable setup, but I don't remember who it was. It was on a ztr, though. Does anyone remember who this was?
  5. Qucikchute

6. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

Casey Guido has some pics posted at his site of his version (or someones) that they made and it had adjustable settings. I believe it was a piece of steel welded to a handle oversimplified.
  7. casey

casey Guest

LGF, you owe me $5 for a long distance phone call. They only make 'em for riders.
  8. Chopper Lover

Chopper Lover LawnSite Senior Member

What brands does Quickchute make covers for? Are they brand specific (exmark) like York Sheet Metal? Are they adjustable?

9. You mean to tell me they can't get one to fit a 36"? Sorry dude. I thought they might have one for your mower also....

Chopper Lover; brochure says Exmark, Scag, Bunton/Bobcat and many more Zero-Turn mowers.

I would like this chute better than the one that comes on a chopper. That one hangs on the trailer when down or up.
  10. Chopper Lover

Chopper Lover LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks, I will give them a call tomorrow or Monday and see what they have...

PS. Just so you know, I don't own a Dixie Chopper, I own a Gravely that I really like a lot... My heart belongs to the original Choppers... Those powered by Harley!