Where to order parts?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TXLAWNBOY, Feb 28, 2006.

1. TXLAWNBOY

TXLAWNBOY LawnSite Member

I was just wondering where most of you who do your own repairs order your parts from? I have ordered from J-Thomas in the past and have no complaints about them but it never hurts to "shop around" to find out if there are better deals out there.

Thanks

2. TomB

TomB LawnSite Member

Try your local dealer. You might find you'll have a better relationship with him if your not trying to screw him out of every nickle.

3. TXLAWNBOY

For your info I have a fine relationship w/my dealer and I'm not trying to screw him out of every nickle. Everyone has reasoning for doing things certain ways, just like I have a reason for ordering parts and repairing my own equipment.

I don't post alot on here or ask alot of questions because it seems like everytime I ask a qusetion people make comments like above instead of giving good feedback I thought the whole reason this site was here was to help eachother out.:angry:

4. HenryB

HenryB LawnSite Bronze Member

When your local dealer wants $60 for a belt that J. Thomas sells for $15 who's screwing who.

5. B&D Lawn Care

B&D Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

I order a lot of mine thru www.mowtownusa.com. I have found he's pretty reasonable. Plus if I don't need it today I there ain't nothing wrong w/ saving some cash.

6. TXLAWNBOY

Most of the time my dealer doesn't have the parts in stock and I can order them myself and have them cheaper and faster than he can.

7. Birdjr

Birdjr LawnSite Senior Member
    from nnj

check out jthomas they have really good prices

8. Signature Landscaping1

Signature Landscaping1 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

MowMore, fast and reliiable

9. CuttinUP

CuttinUP LawnSite Senior Member

MOWMORE, They have everything under the sun and at great prices!! Just my 2 cents

10. jondcoleman

jondcoleman LawnSite Member

I have recently started ordering from Russo Power Equipment. Their website isn't too slick but if you call and order they are really helpful and I have found that they have almost everything I need in stock.

www.russopower.com

Jon Coleman
    CLIP Lawn Care
    Maryland, USA