Where to park the fleet?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Tn Lawn Man, Feb 15, 2007.

1. Tn Lawn Man

Tn Lawn Man LawnSite Senior Member

I am adding another truck and trailer to my business and now I don't have any room around my house to park all of them.

I have enough storage for the mowers but not the vehicles.

I need some suggestions on where everyone parks their trucks and trailers when they don't have an office. And, what should I expect to pay?

Thanks a bunch

2. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

In my area we have some of the mini warehouses that also have open areas for RV's and boats. Since they are fenced in you can lock up equipement inside and trucks outside. The price is way cheaper than finding a shop that everything.

3. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

I'm running into the same thing and don't really have any solutions other than buying some ground and putting up a pole barn or something.

4. Accu-cut Lawn Care

Accu-cut Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

Something I tried to do was lease a 1200 sq foot warehouse with a minimal office and small bathroom. I think I was paying about 550 per month plus utilities. It had a roll up door in the front and back...So I could pull a tuck in one end and out the other. That was awesome. It was pretty nice separating myself from the business. It was nice not having to look at mowers on my days off.

5. sweetlou

sweetlou LawnSite Member

I keep my equip in a fenced in yard I rent,around here if you leave any type of commercial vehicle on your driveway or on the street you will be fined,not to mention the neihbors will go nuts,but I have to admit I dont blame them who wants to pay 10,000 + in property tax and look at dumptrucks and trailers.

6. lawnMaster5000

lawnMaster5000 LawnSite Senior Member

You could try finding an industrial area near by - there are often businesses there that dont use all of their parking lot and would lease a section of it to you.

You may even find that in non-industrial areas. Try places with lots of hidden areas, like universities, churches and such

7. Az Gardener

Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member

How many trucks do you need to have a fleeet?

8. GreenN'Clean

GreenN'Clean LawnSite Bronze Member

I keep my trucks and equipment at home and im tearing down my old garage and adding a nice sized pole barn this summer

9. paolaken

paolaken LawnSite Senior Member

having 5 acres is pretty nice. room for eveything out back. 30x40 heated metal shop. tree and shrub storage. truck and trailer parking. only way to go.

10. lawnguyland

lawnguyland LawnSite Bronze Member

That's one reason I stay solo. I can do everything out of my house-garage and office. If I hire people I'll need to rent a place ($$$$$$) to park it and another trailer, then insure the truck and equip, deal with employee BS, etc. Plus no commute.
    Land is too expensive here, oh- and there is none.