Where to park?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by mcwlandscaping, Apr 2, 2007.

1. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

When you guys go out flyering, and target a neighborhood, where do you park your vehicle if its a very residential area?? Just wondering as im going to be doing some heavy flying this week.....and also, what do you usually look for when targeting areas to flyer? I have an idea, but would like some outside opinions and ideas!
  2. ccash

ccash Banned

in a caldesac or vacant lot, someones yard.
  3. lawnMaster5000

lawnMaster5000 LawnSite Senior Member

if you cant find somewhere to park w/o your equipment how are you ever going to be able to find somewhere to park with your equipment.

I park in the street.
  4. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

What i mean is like, it seems kind of weird to just park in front of some random persons house, get out and leave the truck there while we walk around handing out flyers......
  5. TWUllc

TWUllc LawnSite Senior Member

You're thinking about it waay too much. Just park your truck and roll.
  6. ccash

ccash Banned

i pull off the road and into the yard about 1/2 vehicle,it is a city right of way!
  7. RedMax Man

RedMax Man LawnSite Platinum Member

Just park the truck on the side of the road not infront of a driveway but anywhere safe. Lock the doors and then start shooten flyers...
    Hope you round up some more accounts
  8. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

dont park you got strobes run the opposite way and pass them out from the truck
  9. Edgewater

Edgewater LawnSite Senior Member

If there is a main street in and out of the area, i would park there (as long as parking is allowed) I have gotten 2 of my best customers from seeing a truck parked near their house.
  10. zero_turn_freak

zero_turn_freak LawnSite Member

Yea, just park on the street, no one will think anything of it except for they are getting a new service!