where to purchase a soil probe??

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by mac43rn, Dec 3, 2001.

1. mac43rn

mac43rn LawnSite Member

Can anyone lead me to a web site that has a decent soil probe for my own personal use. My local co-op is going to perform a soil sample, but I don't want to dig up my yard to get the sample.

thanks

2. Ricky

Ricky LawnSite Member

3. Ricky

Ricky LawnSite Member

4. turf13

turf13 LawnSite Member

Lesco stainless steel about $30.00

5. mac43rn

mac43rn LawnSite Member

I live in evansville, IN. Can anyone inform me of the nearest lesco? I have looked at their website, and it is poor to say the least. Any information would be greatly appreciated

6. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Go back to their website. Get their 1-800 phone number.
    Give them a call tomorrow. Tell them where you are located and they will direct you from there. They are very friendly on the phone.

7. GroundKprs

GroundKprs LawnSite Bronze Member

A $3 hand garden trowel will suffice for soil sampling. Just dig into ground, push forward to open a slot in ground. Then use the trowel to dig out a sample. Then tamp turf back in place.

When using a probe, you will have to push soil out of probe, and you should not touch the soil, or you may contaminate the sample.

8. greenngrow

greenngrow LawnSite Senior Member

Gemplers has them for $24.00
    Also check with local Extension office they may have info.

A hand trowel or small shovel works if you are only going to do a couple samples a year.

9. cutting edge

cutting edge LawnSite Member

Nasco has one that has a foot stand and a plunger for ejecting the sample for $47.15.

item #C09414N

www.enasco.com