Where to purchase applicator lawn signs?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by jajwrigh, Jan 27, 2005.

1. jajwrigh

jajwrigh LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Martinsville, IN

"keep off the grass, application made" you know that kind of sign? Where can they be customized and ordered from?

2. kppurn

kppurn LawnSite Senior Member

3. Harvestman

Harvestman LawnSite Member

Try RND signs rndsigns.com i think.

4. ThreeWide

ThreeWide LawnSite Bronze Member

I've been pleased with the Blackburn signs.

They hold up well and do not bleed after being rained on.

5. marko

marko LawnSite Senior Member

Blackburn has a link at the top of the page. I have used them before and they were top quality

6. jajwrigh

jajwrigh LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Martinsville, IN

That looks like a good site and I am planning on using it. Thanks guys!! :waving:

7. DiscoveryLawn

DiscoveryLawn LawnSite Senior Member

I buy mine from PERFCO.com

David

8. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

I get mine from Lesco, then just run them through the printer at home.

Personally, I like them to bleed a little.

My reasoning is, since you really only post for 24 hours, until the product / chemical is dry, you know if there's been water on the grass within 24 hours.

This way I can tell if someone has left the irrigation on when I had scheduled it to be turned off, therefore a customer's "fault" and not mine when / if the chemical was washed off.

I can then take it into a manager or a homeowner and say "the irrigation was left on, most likely the product SHOULD work, but if a re-app needs to be done, I just want you to know that it's not from my end of the contract".

Eliminates one more area where I could be held accountable for a re-app.

They already say "This area chemically treated"
    "Keep pets and children off until _________"

I set it up in my publishing program to print the word "dry" on the line, then my company name / city and phone number.

9. Green Dreams

Green Dreams LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

I always thought those signs said, "Hey, dude. Want another customer?"

10. ThreeWide

ThreeWide LawnSite Bronze Member

I previously was running my Lesco signs through the printer as well. The signs just didn't hold up in wind, much less rain.

About the not bleeding thing......

Just last week I got a call from a HOA looking for service in 2005. They saw my application sign posted at another neighborhood entrance in the area.

The HOA people won't pull the sign that often, so it is essentially a free ad. If I get this new account, the Blackburn signs will have paid for themselves already.