Where to put flyers?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by CNYScapes, Mar 14, 2004.

1. CNYScapes

CNYScapes LawnSite Senior Member

If it is illegal to put flyers on a mailbox, then where do you guys put the flyers? I have a bunch of flyers to put out and dont know where to put them. Doorhangers are out of the question because I already have the flyers. So, where do you put them?

2. RidgeCon

RidgeCon LawnSite Member

can you get them delivered to the residences?

3. CNYScapes

CNYScapes LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah, by people. I want them hand delivered.

4. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

You can order bags that hang on door knobs.

5. soccerlawn

soccerlawn LawnSite Senior Member

Last year I just put them in the newspaper box, but this year I am going to try to hand deliver them to the door.

6. BrianK10

BrianK10 LawnSite Senior Member
    from usa

Go out and deliever them on the weekends around 7am when everyone is still asleep. Go house to house picking up their newspaper, and put it infront of their door, with your flyer undernethe of it.

Brian

7. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

make sure to check with your city about peddlers permits. Some cities you need a permit to hang doorhangers or post flyers. If you don't, you could get a fine

8. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

Works like a charm. If they don't get the paper then place it in then door crack.
    I called the news paper and asked for the kids or persons delivering in certain areas. I pay most of them 5-10 bucks to deliver it with the paper. This year I went with door hangers and is working quite well.
    Good luck and start beating the pavement.

9. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Just roll them up, and put a rubber band around them, and put them into the door handle. DO NOT put them into the crack of the door, as earlier suggested!!! Many people would take offense to people going around opening their storm doors - even if it is to put something in. You have ABSOLUTELY NO BUSINESS touching or opening someone's door to their house! In this day, people are leary. We are not living in Mayberry RFD. Good luck with it!

10. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

I did not say anything about opening up any doors???? not sure where you read that.
    What I SAID is to put them in the cracks of the door. in what I mean by that is that there is a seal around the door. Folded fliers fit nicely into these and they hold it there and don't let it fly in the breaze. It also when they open the door drops and catches their eye.