Where to start

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by pizanomario, Jul 11, 2006.

1. pizanomario

pizanomario LawnSite Member

I live in California and I'm interested in starting a lawn care business and possibly expanding into a landscaping business. Any suggestions?

2. 29 Palms Property Management

29 Palms Property Management LawnSite Senior Member

Start researching. Click on the search feature on the green bar above and any think you might want to know is there waiting for you. Licenses, insurance, equipment, tools, supplies, CPA's, accounting/business software, do's and don'ts.......you name it, you'll find it there. If not, post your question and wait for responses.
    Your question is a very general question. Do you have experience? Why do you want to start this business? Just a few questions to begin.

3. pizanomario

pizanomario LawnSite Member

THE ONLY EXPERIENCE I GOT IS MOWING,EDGING AND TRIMMING MY OWN LAWN AND MY PARENTS (12YRS). THE AREA WHERE I LIVE (FRESNO CA) IS GROWING FAST AND I THINK THERE IS POTENTIAL. I GOTTEN A FEW GOOD TIPS FROM THIS SITE AND I'M LOOKING TO BUY SOME EQUIPMENT SOON. I PLAN TO GET SOMETHING THAT I CAN USE FOR A YEAR OF TWO AND THEN BUY SOMETHING BETTER. THANKS FOR YOUR INPUT. (SORRY I DID NOT ANSWER SOONER, BUT I'M STILL GETTING THE HANG OF THIS SITE)

4. martinfan06

martinfan06 LawnSite Senior Member

When asked if have experience mowing your lawn don't count. Its like comparing apples to oranges. Best advice is gain some knowledge in the industry work a year or so for established LCO. Do great job be leader become crew foreman is the best experience you learn to deal w/clients,w/equipment,and a wide variety of landscape problems,with out as much stress as if it were YOUR BIZ. JMO HAPPY THINKING,welcome to L.S.