1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Where to truck fill in Bergen county, NJ?

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by mapleleaf, Jul 21, 2009.

1. mapleleaf

mapleleaf LawnSite Member

Hi all. We are getting ready to bid out a job for a large paver driveway. We will have to excavate down the area and will have a lot of fill. We have smaller mason trucks, 2 that probably can hold about 5 tons each, which I think we may have 60-70 tons of fill to truck off site. I was wondering if any Northern NJ guys have any suggestions on how to handle. If we did it our selves it would be a lot of tklds out which whould take a long time, and strain the trucks too. I thought of doing a dumpster/container, the one co. I checked with doesn't take dirt. I do not want to pass on doing the driveway, it would be a great job, and there's a solution to every problem, and not doing the job is not the solution I'm willing to do. I know my fellow Northern NJ guys have lots of good suggestions. Thanks!

2. TimNNJ

TimNNJ LawnSite Senior Member

I just posted a similar question ..have a driveway I am bidding on..need to get rid of fill and asphalt

3. CLARK LAWN

CLARK LAWN LawnSite Silver Member

any trucking companies in the area? that would only be 2 or 3 triaxles

4. mapleleaf

Hey Timnnj - I got a price for a mixed container of asphalt & concrete, 10 cy, in Bergen county for $400. But that company doesn't take away dirt. Please tell me the drive you're bidding out isn't in bergen county? Hate to be bidding on the some job.

5. mapleleaf

Clarklawn thanks for the tip, I'll have to check out the jobsite area, it is actually about an hr away from where I usually work, so I don't know the area's trucking co's very well. Do the trucking companies take care of dumping the fill somewhere & incorporate the dump fee in their price to me? Thanks!

6. landscapingpoolguy

landscapingpoolguy LawnSite Senior Member

Please contact me I offer excavtion and trucking services.

Chuck Randina
    Perfect Property Services Inc.
    Bloomingdale, NJ 07403
    (973) 332-0734
    www.perfectpropertyservices.com