where was the camera when I needed it

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 1stclasslawns, Aug 21, 2002.

1. 1stclasslawns

1stclasslawns LawnSite Senior Member

I took the walk behind around the firehouse this AM to check it out as I hadn't used it for a while, (others using it). I also hadnt mowed the station for a while either.

Well.... to make a long story short ..... I hit a hole..... the back tires of thing fell in the hole and stopped..:eek:.. dead stopped..... off the velkie and over the handle bars I went .*&^%$*(&# ...:blush:.. to keep from falling on top of the mower I put my hands down to break my fall....grabed the muffler and got a couple burn places on my left hand..

Yes the burn hurts and no I couldn't see the hole thick bramuda had it hidden well..:rolleyes:

Oh well caca occures.

2. I'm about 900 miles away and I heard the yelling-
    and caca wasnt the word I heard
  3. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Did you call the Paramedics? :D
  4. Tony Harrell

Tony Harrell LawnSite Senior Member

I love these "guess what I did" threads. Mostly because I can contribute. DOH!!! I put an electric start engine on a walkbehind that didn't previously have electric start. I haven't integrated the operator presence controls yet (it's like algebra to me). Anyway, I took my walkbehind into the shop for some simple repair and they brought it out and put it cockeyed on the back ramp of my trailer. I started it up without checking for neutral and we danced all over the back gate and up to the trailer. On the upside, even though I'm losing my eyesight, hearing, teeth, and patience, I still have good coordination. All those video games paid off!!! And the opc will be connected asap.
  5. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

natural ,im not even going to contribute one of mine. dont believe i ever did a handstand on the muffler . thats gonna make operating a walk behind rough.
    u never know whats around the bend bud. just put her in low an pull thru it.
  6. GarPA

GarPA LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

these goof ups are actually good to share...while it gives us all a good laugh because we can relate to alot of them, we can also see how easy it is to get into a bad situation and maybe these stories will prevent someone else from going braindead for a moment and getting hurt....my classic of the past few months was not latching the enclosed trailer ramp, jumping on the throttle becasue I was hot, tired and ticked off that day....then BANG CLANK SCAPE SCREECH and horns started blaring. The guy behind me almost had to drive his VW into the trailer!! ....and it was all because I was hurrying and on auto-pilot...hurrying in this biz is asking for problems...needless to say that trlr never moves an inch now without a complete walk around like the pilots do on planes b4 takeoff...ha ha
  7. TurfGuyTX

TurfGuyTX LawnSite Senior Member
    from DFW

While adding a little landscaping to one of our regular customers, one of our workers drove to Home Cheapo to get a couple of things. He returns in a few minutes, music blaring with a guy following him honking repeatedly. I ran out to the street and get the music shut off. The guy honking tells us we left a couple of mowers and a blower in the road several blocks back. The worker never secured the ramp door. I rushed to see some scrubs smiling and loading the equipment like they won the lottery. I got everything back with a little encouragement for them. That worker doesn't work with us anymore. Could've been terrible.
  8. watatrp

watatrp LawnSite Senior Member

The neat thing is if he puts his hand up in the mirror, he can read the words "hot" the right way.
  9. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

yea ,i guess thats neat watertap. :D :D
    wow talk about pain.
  10. Jimbo

Jimbo LawnSite Bronze Member

Your not alone with the trailer gate problem. Twice in the last month I did the same thing. Its always when your hot and tired that these memory lapses happen.