1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

where you get your products

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by tiedeman, Apr 12, 2003.

1. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I am curious about where you get your products. I usually just go through the local nurseyman to get my fertilizations products and he knocks off 25% from the sticker price..but I still think that its way to high. I was wondering:

how many of you go through the manufactor instead of the dealer?

about how much cheaper is it?

about what are the costs involved in doing it that way? Like is there a minimum that you have to order or what.
  2. rvsuper

rvsuper Senior Member

I ordered a bag of Dimension with fertilizer from Lesco for my yard. Just one bag.
  3. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

I order from lesco, they knock a couple $ off a bag, will deliver also if you buy a pallet, but The guy I know at the lesco I go to has a cabin close by so he would bring it up.
  4. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

5. Gr grass n Hi tides

Gr grass n Hi tides LawnSite Bronze Member

Lesco !!! You can order one bag or 50, whatever quantity you need. My guys are 1 hr. 45 min. drive for me but have trucks come down to my area to provide product to the golf courses. They are cool enough to include me, even if I just need 5 bags of pre M and 3 bags of seed. Awesome. Go to www.lesco.com and you can find the lesco closest to you via zip code - if you didn't know :)
  6. GarPA

GarPA LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

Lesco and Agway(when I'm in a hurry)...