Where

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by cat2, Mar 6, 2008.

1. cat2

cat2 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Mi

Where does everyone buy there grease?

2. BIGBEN2004

BIGBEN2004 LawnSite Senior Member

I like John Deere grease but I haven't bought any in a while. Where I used to work I took a box full of grease before I left so I am good for a while. When I run out I am going to get a box of John Deere lithium grease.

3. cat2

from Mi

How many pounds are in a tub?

4. BIGBEN2004

I don't know. I know that both the grease I have now and the Deere grease are very good in the sense that they don't have too many air pockets in the tubs. That can be very annoying on a cold day when you are pumping and then hit a air pocket and no grease comes out. I try to grease the machine every night when I come home so for the next day it is all greased up and ready to go. I don't like to get grease on me and then have to go all day working with grease on my hands and cloths. It gets all over everything and that ruins my day.

5. cat2

from Mi

this is what i'm using now

its a Moly Lithium Grease

Automotive applications, backing plates, ball joints, chassis points, construction ball & roller bearings, idler bearings, industrial applications, mining applications, pillow block bearings, sprocket bearings, U-joints, water pumps, wheel bearings. Operating temperature range is 0 to 250 Deg F. Traveller moly special purpose is a lithium-12 hydroxy lubricating grease formulated with the highest quality base oils available, and is fortified with rust and oxidation inhibitors as well as extreme pressure additives. This product has also been formulated with a special additive package which insures high film strength, extreme pressure (EP) and anti-wear properties.

6. BIGBEN2004

Is it a lithium grease or a molly grease. I like the lithium since it makes less of a mess on the machine and seems to work better under hot conditions and it also doesn't collect as much dirt to it. I hate when I use a machine hard and then about 6 hours of work and the pins start squealing.

7. cat2

from Mi

What i'm using now sounds good. i buy the case of it. I wonder if they sell it in the tubs? AT TSC

8. Dirt Digger2

Dirt Digger2 LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

we used moly grease (silver tube), now we are running exxon brand i think it is (black tube)...its all the same...in our air powered grease tub at the shop we use what we pulled off an old gas station demo...20 5 gallon tubs of Citgo brand

at the farm we use what tractor supply sells

9. YellowDogSVC

YellowDogSVC LawnSite Gold Member
    from TX

I buy mobile or pennzoil or HD red high temp greast at WAlly world or Tractor supply or my local NAPA

10. vadeere

vadeere LawnSite Member

Tractor Supply, the cheap stuff, lithium. Its around $1.15 a tube.