Wheres all the pics?

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by kootoomootoo, Apr 25, 2007.

1. kootoomootoo

kootoomootoo LawnSite Platinum Member

2. zedosix

zedosix LawnSite Silver Member

Just finishing up my second job. But did stop by and take pictures of a job we did 3 yrs ago, does this count?

eastern 3 061 (Medium).jpg

eastern 3 062 (Medium).jpg

eastern 3 059 (Medium).jpg
  3. PatriotLandscape

PatriotLandscape LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MA

Nice looking wall. I like the curves.
  4. D Felix

D Felix LawnSite Bronze Member

We've got the hardscape part of one job completed, should be doing the planting next week...

Besides that, it's all been maintenance. Should be starting a long-term(ed) job in a couple of weeks...
  5. ChampionLS

ChampionLS LawnSite Bronze Member

What?? no lights???? :laugh:

Just kidding. Very nice work. Love the curves. I'm working with two other contractors on a lighting project, and one hardscape job of my own. Pics to follow soon.
  6. Plant Buyer 83

Plant Buyer 83 LawnSite Member

Looks great Zed. Simple yet it shows not only your craftsmanship but also makes the house look much better.
  7. Good morning,
    The wall looks very nice,the steps even more... do you ever find there is a problem with damp against the house wall?
    I liked the steps, they are all equal ,which is refreshing a common mistake I see all over is uneven step treads, its a shame the drive slopes back to the house, not something you can control sadly.
  8. zedosix

zedosix LawnSite Silver Member

Thanks everyone, and yes lights would be very nice. I am looking at pricing a set now Champion, thanks for the lit.
    Dampness is a commom problem but we try to eliminate that either by putting clear stone and a geotextile along the wall, and or drill new breather holes to allow for air equalization in the wall. On this job we connected the drain pipe from behind the wall to the weeping tile around the house. I did this one in 2004 and as you can see there is no efflorencence build up......yet.

The white powder you see in the pictures is cement dust from when they cut the door frame out. That door was installed shortly before we started the work.

Another good way to prevent the dampness is to adhere a piece of platon to the wall.
  9. chris638

chris638 LawnSite Member

Actually got to do some work at my new house. Sorry for the hoses in the pics. Gotta keep the sod watered. Before any one comments the the "squareness", the entire inside and outside have a very architectural sq. geometry to them and I wanted to keep it the same outside.

10. chris638

chris638 LawnSite Member

By the way Zedo, very nice work. Very nice clean edge against the blacktop.