Where's Grassboy????

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by little green guy, Apr 26, 2000.

1. DTM65

DTM65 LawnSite Member

Holy ****! I'd like to see one of those! (But not to close.)<br><p>----------<br>D. Tom<br>

2. thelawnguy

thelawnguy LawnSite Silver Member

I think here in the States they are called Tub Grinders. The landfill where I take my stuff has one, it will take a ten foot around stump, rocks roots and all and without a fuss convert it into three yards of mulch/compost in about as much time as it took to read this post.<p>Junkyards have something similar, which will convert a mid-80s Fleetwood into a big steel wool scouring pad, seats tires, block and all, in a matter of minutes.<p>If theres a job to be done, somewhere somehow theres a machine that will do it.<p>Bill

3. Grassboy

Grassboy LawnSite Member

HEY EVERYONE!<p>I never knew so many people actually read my posts! Yeah DMC300 is exactly right, I am very very VERY busy. My business is a total success, well at least according to what my goal I set to achieve. I have 23 customers, an ExMark Lazer Z HP 48&quot; 21hp kaw, an Echo trimmer-srm(?)-2601 and an Echo blower-PB601. I have found that I am better at markteting the business than I am at actually doing the work. Don't get me wrong, I do a great job and I can use the equiptment good, but I have been trying to overcome the perfectist mind-set I have. Anyone have any problems w/ that? How did you get over it? I have been coming home from school at 2:30 and mowing till 8:30 (whenever it gets dark). I am so busy!!!!!!! I have a few questions that I will post probably, look for them. I am away for the weekend visiting a college which ironically gives me some time to go online. Talk to you all later (((if I have time))) :) <p>Grassboy<br>AKA Owner of- Jeff's Lawn Care Service

4. Matt

Matt LawnSite Member

Just thought i would add that It seems as though grassboy and I are the same age. he is definatly doing better then I am. I have been busy with premulch cleanups. Oh and F.Y.I. I worked on a tub grinder all summer long 2 summers ago. I had to clean it, fix it, change the teeth(no easy task), I did everything but run it. I literally risked my life every single day. My ears are still ringing from being 6 inches away from the 300hp Cat.

5. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

Grass Boyzzz back!! Congratulations on your success. Just try to set an inner time table on the time you spend on a yard for the price it is paying. Nice of you to check back in

6. Grassboy

Grassboy LawnSite Member

Hey Charles, <br>Need more details on your time table suggestion. What do I do if I see that i am spending too much time for the money i am earning??? Drop the customer, cuz if that's the case I would be dropping a lot of customers!

7. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

Grassboy, go up on the unprofitable yards a few dollars each year. The really unprifitable ones go up to what the price is suppose to be. And if u lose that customer u just lose them

8. Grassboy

Grassboy LawnSite Member

Charles-<br>I understand that, but some of the ones i have right now are bugging me a lot because of the low quote I have given them. I don't want to work for practically nothing for those lawns this year, so what can I do this year?<br>