Where's my camera when I need it????

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LwnmwrMan22, Apr 29, 2004.

1. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

Driving around fertilizing my accounts today seen a couple of guys that must be making TONS of cash mowing grass. They were at the Menards store doing a spring clean-up with ........ a LINCOLN! That's right, a nice white, mid-90's Lincoln Town Car. They had the traditional double-wide snowmobile trailer with 3 Lawn-Boys and were each running backpack blowers, blowing the leaves towards a tarp in the bottom of the ditch.

I have no idea where they were going to put the leaves... in the trunk? Back seat?

About 2 hours later I drive by a gas station 3 miles from there, a guy is pulling out of the station with his Pontiac Bonneville, pulling another snowmobile trailer with 2 push mowers.

I guess prices are good in that end of town if you can use cars like that. :D
  2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

that's something you don't see everyday, but if it works for them, more power to them
  3. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I drive a 1994 Lincoln....have you seen the size of their trunks??? I always joked around with my help when I bought the car that I was going to start pulling my trailer with it...lol.
  4. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

I saw a guy in a chevette pulling a trailer today, its so funny
  5. GrassBustersLawn

GrassBustersLawn LawnSite Senior Member

If I could FREAKIN' figure out how to post pictures on this FORUM, I snapped a picture of the NEW COMPETITION in my neighborhood. It is a SUB/SUB compact station wagon with a greasy plywood ramp and a 21" walkbehind being loaded into it.

SOMEONE walk me thru how to upload photos.

c:/documents and settings/MBowron/My Documents/My Pictures/Competition.jpg[img]

6. GrassBustersLawn

Let's try this

7. GrassBustersLawn

One more try

8. Mickhippy

Mickhippy LawnSite Platinum Member

Grass, if your pics are on your pc, when you reply, just above the "submit" button theres the ....... Attach file- browse button. Press that and go through you pc till you find the pic and add that. You may have to resize it till it will load. Make sure you give it time to load or you'll end up with half a pic!
    Hope this helps!
  9. SLS

SLS LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mars

I saw a 'first' (for me anyway) the other day.

Guy was pulling a small, worn-out lawn tractor on a small trailer down the road....and the lawn tractor had a gray velour-covered high-back seat mounted on it....complete with armrests. The seat was as big as the lawn tractor. Sounds really comfy, right???

What was really amusing about this is it was raining cat and dogs at the time.

Velour seat + tons of rain = major diaper rash. LOL!

Man, I wish I had my camera.
  10. twins_lawn_care

twins_lawn_care LawnSite Senior Member

I ALMOST started my business with my 1970 Caprice last year.
    That was a 13 body trunk, and could probably out-haul my Chevy Truck!

I thought it not to be professional and went with the crowd though, and got a truck, what was I thinking:D