Where's the folding WB?

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by Phishook, Aug 9, 2003.

1. Phishook

Phishook LawnSite Bronze Member

Ready for a new WB, where's it at?
  2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

It is going through testing at the factory currently, we plan to have the units in production in December.

3. ProMo

ProMo LawnSite Bronze Member

when will the demos be relased?
  4. Phishook

Perfect, I can demo with a jrco snow blade! For those fenced in driveways.

I it still going to have the T bar system?
  5. Hustler

Hustler Guest

Just learned today that the TrimStar™ and GateStar™ walk behinds will NOT be in production this year! We know that is disappointing to some of you. We have run into some design challenges that have caused us some delays. Rather than rush them to the market and have problems, we are going to build a limited run this year and get some hours on them before we go into full production. Sorry for the delay. We are going to do everything we can to make them worth the wait.
  6. Doc Pete

Doc Pete LawnSite Gold Member

Hustler has the tiger by the tail with the H bar system. As soon as the leaves start falling, I'll post a picture of my WB with deck removed and a Selbro horizontal blower on the front. It's on my SWB, so I've got 25 horsepower to drive the blower, plus the h bar to steer it. This is the sweetest setup for leaves available. Also, I put so weight on the front like a small plow and it'll mound up leaves 3 feet high and 10 feet long in front of it.
  7. The Mowerdude

The Mowerdude LawnSite Senior Member

I would be MORE than happy to take one for a while to help you find all the bugs in it.

No really, I'm serious............................stop laughing.
  8. Phishook

Do post the pics, I'll try to remember to remind you. Leaf clean up is one of my bigger concerns.

Another concern I've ponderd about is front end weight. Can you lift the front while moving?

Your countless post's about wb's have almost won me over. Putting the Hustler in front of the wb will depend on the demo/dealer.
  9. Doc Pete

Doc Pete LawnSite Gold Member

Interesting... Well, he's where it's give and take. The machine is long and for a reason. The deck is very heavy and keeps the frontend glued to the ground. NOW, even though it is heavy, Hustler lengthened the machine to give the operator enough leverage to still lift it when necessary.
    Personally I love the longer length since it gives you a better view behind the machine and tracks better, too.