Where's the grease fitting TTHP

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by BAMARED, Jan 12, 2003.

1. BAMARED

BAMARED LawnSite Member

Hey Guys,

According to my manual on my TTHP 48" Hydro, there are (7) different areas that you need to grease on either a daily or weekly basis. There's (2) grease fittings that I can't seem to find: The clutch arm pivot which is underneath the engine deck and the blade engagement bellcrank. Anyone know where these (2) grease fittings are located?

Thanks,

BAMARED

2. SLS

SLS LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mars

Have any luck getting the right wheel to quit turning while in neutral?

3. mac43rn

mac43rn LawnSite Member

I had a very difficult finding these two fittings. Once I was able to get under the mower it was easy to find. I purchased a 2.5 ton car jack a lifted the back end. I was able to get underneath the mower and the fittings were easily accessible.

thanks

4. BAMARED

BAMARED LawnSite Member

SLS,

I haven't yet started to correct this problem. I'm sure it's just a minor adjustment, but I want to study up some more on all the controls as to not mess up anything.

Thanks,

BAMARED

5. BAMARED

BAMARED LawnSite Member

Mac43rn,

This is what I was afraid of. I was hoping not to have to start breaking out the jacks/stands/etc. just to get to these (2) grease points. But if I have to do this, I guess that I have no choice.

Thanks for the info.,

BAMARED

6. TJLC

TJLC LawnSite Bronze Member

I have the same machine (2002 TTHP 17 Kawi es 48"). I grease 9 fittings each wk. The two you refer to are a little tough, but not all that bad. I just lay on the ground and reach up underneath. A flex-hose on the gun will make it alot easier. Good luck.

7. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

Sorry I can't help you but best of luck. Great idea on being proactive and finding these before the season kicks off.

Gravely_Man

8. BAMARED

BAMARED LawnSite Member

TJLC,

You said that yours has (9) grease fittings. Mine only has (7) and the manual only shows (7). Where are the other (2)? My mower is a 2001 year model and your's is a 2002. I wonder if this is the difference?

Thanks again,

BAMARED

9. Shadetree Ltd

Shadetree Ltd LawnSite Senior Member

I used to have a 48"TTHP see http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=38142 I believe that there were 10 fittings, the castor wheels (2), where the castor wheels attach to the frame (2), the two for the handles on the outside of the frame in the back (2), there is one on the main deck behind the engine I can't remember what side but it is by the base of the handles (1), the idler arm right in the middle of the cutting deck under the cover (1), and the last two were right underneath the rear of the mower in the back, one was on the pulleys in the center right above the skid plate/brace(1) and the last one was on the pulley on the side that did not have the one on the engine deck (1). With a flex hose on the grease gun these are all pretty easy to get without lifting the mower. Hope this sort of helps.

Scott

10. TJLC

TJLC LawnSite Bronze Member

BAMARED, there are 2 on the castor arms, 2 on the front wheels, 1 under the pulley cover, 1 on each side of the ecs controls at the bottom and 2 underneath in the rear. This is the way it is on my machine. I guess there is a difference between the two model years. Good luck.