Where's the rain??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by SJR Lawncare, May 16, 2001.

1. SJR Lawncare

SJR Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone getting any rain?? Here in Maryland we have not had any in a month. All the grass is really dry, except the ones with irrigation. Lets start the rain dances!

SJR

2. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

more than 4 inches below normal here in CT. might get some rain friday night, but nothing signifigant.

3. George777

George777 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

We have not had any rain for over 35 days here in Alabama.

4. Grateful11

Grateful11 LawnSite Member

We just got a nice shower. The first in about 3-4 weeks. According to the radar there's more on the way. I feel good!:blob3:

5. syzer

syzer LawnSite Bronze Member

we neeeeeeeeeeed rain baaaaaaaaaaad. I just cant take it anymore!!!!

6. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

Maybe the traveling road show wasn't a good idea after all, we're all in the same boat-----well------docked boat I guess........ain't nobody gettin' no rain!

Bring on the tropical storms and hurricanes.

7. little green guy

little green guy LawnSite Senior Member

:( We haven't had rain in at least a month. I'm only cutting about 60% of my route this week and proply only about 30% next week. Today I had to wear a dust mask when I was cutting because I gott so much dirt in my mouth. Oh yah and it's only the middle of may, good thing I have a ton of paver and wall jobs lined up :cool: :p

8. cos

cos LawnSite Addict

I'm tired of choking on dust......:(

9. Mark

Mark LawnSite Senior Member

Same thing here in southern In we haven't had rain for a month,40% of my accounts look like its in the heat of August. I just keep praying to the Lord to give us some rain. Marks Mowing Service.....ps its hard on the farmers also.

10. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

We got rain yesterday and today. Both days we quit early as it was getting too soggy out.
    Matt did say though he heard on the news that we are still down 1 inch of rain this month compared to last May. And down 3 inches for the year.

I know Matt gets antsy when we have to quit early due to rain, but how in the heck can we complain? We're just grateful we are getting some.