Which 2 cycle oil do you use?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by AAXteriors, Apr 5, 2007.

1. AAXteriors

AAXteriors LawnSite Member

I was just wondering what everyone else likes/uses. Also I'm thinking synthetic but is it worth the extra $

Thanks,
    Josh

2. Daner

Daner LawnSite Bronze Member

I use Sthil...If you stick to the brand that the machines recommends, your pretty well covered. I have tried synthetic...but then It complicates things.

3. AAXteriors

Anybody???

4. AAXteriors

What complicates things? Different brands other than the original manufacturer?

Josh

5. Daner

Daner LawnSite Bronze Member

If you run Synthetic In just some equipment and not the others...It can get mixed up...guys working with you or even yourself can put the wrong mix In.

I always try to keep things simple:)

6. Gruneich Lawn Care Inc.

Gruneich Lawn Care Inc. LawnSite Senior Member
    from SD

I have used Opti-2 synthetic in everything for the last 5 years, no problems in anything. I buy a case of the pouches that mix 2.5 gallons at the start of the year, dont have to worry about mixing it...

7. ribbie78

ribbie78 LawnSite Member

stihl hd ultra. I too get a bunch for the whole year.

8. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

I get the Shin mix in the 5 gallon bucket .... last fall local dealer had buy 3 get 1 free @ $70 per bucket

Just transfer it into a 2 quart container n mix it at 13oz per 5 gallon of fuel ... no issues last 10 years

9. Watson's Landscaping

Watson's Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I run amsoil 2 cycle mix in all my stuff and it runs great. Turns the gas blue so no way you could mix it up with any thing else. I'm also a dealer for amsoil so if you guys need any let me know I'll get you a price.

10. mrgreen3

mrgreen3 LawnSite Member

Like the old saying goes...2 cycle oil is 2 cycle oil..