1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Which 32in. mower ?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Scott's Lawn Maintenance, Apr 15, 2008.

1. Scott's Lawn Maintenance

Scott's Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Senior Member

If you had to pick a 32in mower which one of this would you choose and why?
    1. Quick 32
    2. Toro Tbar
    3. Exmark
    4. Wright Stander
    5. Bobcat
  2. bill8379

bill8379 LawnSite Senior Member

Toro. The Quick, I've been told, doesn't mulch well and if you use the side discharge, the Quick 32 is wider then my Toro 36. If gates are an issue, the Quick seems to add several inches to the width of the mower that Toro doesn't and the Quick's chute doesn't fold out of the way. Toro is also faster with sulkey and will mulch like a charm with a mulch kit.

I don't know anything about those other mowers except that Exmark is probably the same as Toro.
  3. Tider6972

Tider6972 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

I'd say the Stander, but cannot because I need to change cutting height frequently. Give me a 32" Rapid Hite and I'm all over it.

There needs to be more choices in this size mower than fixed deck walks and the stander.
  4. All_Toro_4ME

All_Toro_4ME LawnSite Bronze Member

Toro. Enough said.
  5. bill8379

bill8379 LawnSite Senior Member

I would kill for a good 26" mower with a 10+ hp engine.
  6. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

Two words, Wright Stander.
  7. Lawn Enforcer

Lawn Enforcer LawnSite Silver Member

8. Tider6972

Tider6972 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

Two more words: fixed deck !

Anyone who needs to change cutting height often won't like it, unfortunately. I like the 32 Stander otherwise.
  9. Danielslawnservice

Danielslawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

DEMO see which one you like
  10. leafitalawn

leafitalawn LawnSite Member

Before this season all our crews were using 32" standers. We have since switched to the Quickie 32"'s. The standers are great mowers if you are the one using them. However, if you have to trust employees, I'd go with the Quickies and I'll tell you why. First, the standers will rut if you aren't really careful and/or know what you're doing...and sometimes will even if you are experienced. Second, if it's wet out, watch out with the stander. Really, it is a hard learning curve for some..and if you have any employee turnover, the time savings you should have with the stander, will be minimal if any at all. And as for the Quickies, well, if you can't mow with one of them, then you're some sort of moron. Second for the quickie, you could mow in full on rain and rut less than a 21". Third, the cut is absolutely amazing. Fourth, anyone who says they don't mulch well...more than likely hasn't used one as ours cuts great and more than likely better than what they use. Fifth, quality to price ratio can't be touched by any manufacturer.

I'm done for now.