1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Which 34 inch ztr is best?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by john w, May 19, 2007.

1. john w

john w LawnSite Member

I am finally moving up to a ztr. Because of gates a 34 inch mower is my best option. I would appreciate any first hand knowledge and/or experience someone could share. I think I am limited to Dixie, Toro, Exmark, and Hustler in the St Louis area. Thank you. John
  2. jungleman73055

jungleman73055 LawnSite Member

you may want to look into dixon.i bought me a blackbear 34inch z go with the twin cyl kawi.has parker pumps and wheel motors.this mower mows great mulches leaves like a beast..i have 650 hrs on this machine i run only dixon mowers.and there are dealers close to you.i live in duncan oklahoma been to st louis many times.. love going there to watch the rams.. GO RAMS!!!!!!
  3. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

If you have a Wright Stander dealer you might look into the 32" or if you can get the 36" in the backyards the Sentar Sport with 17hp and rapid height adjustment is a nice machine. Less chance of making customers mad with this unit than the bigger riders. But it is a little pricey but seems to be built to last. We like ours a lot.
  4. john w

john w LawnSite Member

I did find a nearby Dixon dealer and will look at them. thanks
  5. john w

john w LawnSite Member

How would a 32 be on inclines? I found a dealer in the area and I will take a look. I saw on another thread that Wright is making ztr's. Do you have info on these? thanks
  6. Wolfbass

Wolfbass LawnSite Member

I have the Hustler Mini-Z 36". It seems to be a really nice machine-good cut quality, speed ,etc.. And it really is nice to ride through most gates. Only problem I have is some clogging up under the deck. The olnly machine I was able to compare mine to before buying it was the Exmark Phazer.
    I have no idea how the exmark would mow, but I bought the Hustler based on its construction--the Phazer looked like a toy in comparison
  7. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

The dixie looks like a great mower, and exmark always are. I have the gravely, and it is a great mower. Not that its any better or worse than the others, but its a small rider and what it can do. I would pass on the stander, and look into if the hustler is a commerical model. They tried to sell me one tht isnt even a commercial model so I wont even consider anything they ever have.
  8. john w

john w LawnSite Member

I gave up on exmark after the 26 inch Metro debacle. thanks
  9. john w

john w LawnSite Member

What is your reasoning for passing on the stander?
  10. J&T Kiev

J&T Kiev LawnSite Senior Member
    from N.W In.

Do a look over of the Toro 300 series. The 300 series has 36 and 40 inch deck options, both deck sizes are powered by a 19 HP Kawasaki. The mower will make 8 mph forward, 5 mph in reverse. The decks are manufactured out of all 7 gauges steel, 5 inches deep, 18500 blade speeds. I examined the 36 inch machine in a dealer showroom last week; it looks like a very stolid mower.