1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Which 36 to add to the fleet?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by jpotter0135, Mar 30, 2014.

1. Ditta&Sons

Ditta&Sons LawnSite Bronze Member

subscribing, because I am also looking for a 36" WB...how about the toro 36 with t-bar controls?

2. Clippers PLS

Clippers PLS LawnSite Bronze Member

I actually have a 36 toro with t bars. That was my first commercial mower. Its a great little mower for anything but hills. Still love those t bar controls though

3. TPendagast

TPendagast LawnSite Fanatic
    Male

why do you say anything but hills?

I ran a fleet of T Bar 44s and they were great on hills…heck they were great with everything… whats up with the 36?

4. Clippers PLS

Clippers PLS LawnSite Bronze Member

I worded it wrong. Not all hills but I had this one hill in particular that I couldnt get that Tbar to do any good for the life of me. Other than that one property it was great at pretty much everything

5. Valk

Valk LawnSite Silver Member

Can the operator of any of these 36's mentioned pull back/push down on the handlebars/controls to raise the front end - like when mowing in uneven areas?

6. TPendagast

Male

this is why I prefer pistol grips.

ECS sucks for that.

7. jpotter0135

jpotter0135 LawnSite Member

8. Dr. Cornwallis

Dr. Cornwallis LawnSite Senior Member

I haven't used any of the newer 36in mowers but I did check out a Wright 36RH the other day at a dealer and I'm waiting to see the gravely 36 stander, I'll probably add one to the fleet.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. redmax fan

redmax fan LawnSite Bronze Member

imo the ecs handles are total trash because just like has been brought up you cant lean down on them to tilt mower up going over bumps or going up onto trailer . same thing if you have to push mower that isnt running / working , or have to use muscle to make it turn when wheels arent getting good traction . for instance i can run a 48 pistol grip up our trailer ramp with engine off , but the ecs theres no way because i cant get any where to place my hands and get push into it . our most recent purchase was an exmark 48 with ecs and i hate it because of handles and when im occasionally off the whip and mowing i leave it at the yard and take a 15 year old exmark pistol grip because it handles so easily . i walk into our dealer and now adays see all the exmark with nothing but ecs and i roll my eyes , if thats all they make i'll never buy another one .

10. TPendagast

Male