1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Which 36" WB...Exmark TTHP or Walker Walk-behind

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ZaK18, Jan 15, 2005.

1. ZaK18

ZaK18 LawnSite Member

I am in the market for a 36" WB w/ hydrostatic drive and floating deck. This will be my main mower and 36" deck is all that will work with the size of gates here in DFW. I have narrowed my search to these 2 mowers.
    There is very little info on the walker, but it looks like it is a great mower and it has a proven deck design. I have only heard good things about the exmark TTHP.
    I am more concerned with quality of cut then speed. In your opinion which mower should I purchase and why?
  2. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Personally I would recommend going with the Exmark. Walker was designed to collect grass and this is what it does best. I do own a 36" TTHP, but have only test drove the Walker walkbehind...so I don't know how it cuts. I like the contols on the Walker. I asked my local dealer about the Walkers WB and he said he has only sold one and the owner wanted to sale it. The TTHP has a great cut btw.
  3. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

I Have a Few TracerHP's and I ordered a Walker Walk w/42" Mulch Deck & 19hp Kaw (Swap) for the Spring.

I'll let You Know which is Better then !

The Main thing that Worries Me is the Rather Large Space between the Drive Tires & the Deck.