Which 48 WB?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by RedWingsDet, Oct 30, 2004.

1. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

Well, i plan on sellin ALL of my equipment so make me offers, but... what im asking ya on this post is...

Im looking next year to get 2 21's, a 48" hydro WB, and an 7x18ft enclosed trailer.

Now, for a 48.... Ive been looking at the exmark wbs, gravely wbs, i like my exmark i have now, but i want a hydro (the viking i have is 6-8yrs old and doesnt have hydro).

the mower that has really cought my eye is the Standar! I saw a loco using one today, and it looks quite spiffy, what are your oppinions on it? how does it cut? how realiable is it? and all that good stuff. and how much did you you pay for yours if you have one?

or what other hydros do you guys have.

i want a hydro that has plenty of power and is able to pull a skuly or be a standar. please leave me some feedback. I wont be purchasing one until spring, but i want to know exactly what i want and so as soon as spring hits i can snatch the mower i choose up, oh and how much it'll cost me... thanks again!

2. PLI1

PLI1 LawnSite Senior Member

I have 4 exmark viking hydros. I and my employees love em. They are also awesome leaf mulchin machines when equipped with the mulch kit.

3. LLandscaping

LLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

Why are you buying all new equipment next year, why not just sell the walkbehind and trailers.

4. RedWingsDet

from Detroit

well, i what i basically just want to get rid of the wb, dixie, and trailers. then sell the other stuff if it comes down to it. but i really just want to sell the dixie, exmark, and trailers

5. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

that is my set up... minus the enclosed trailer :) works excellent in the city.

6. RedWingsDet

from Detroit

yep yep. the dixie is just tooo big for the areas i have. its good for about 5 houses, but really isnt worth having to haul around the extra weight and is just taking up space. plus the 5x10 is just taking up space, and i want to get an enclosed, so i want to sell the 7x16, plus i want a hydro 48 instead of gear....

what kind of 48 do you have? is it hydro? how does it cut, stripe, etc?

7. RedWingsDet

from Detroit

or does anyone have the JD Quik-Trak? if so, what series? how is it? does it cut good? leave good stripes? and what dont you like about it, if any? is it powerful enough?

8. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

its a belt 48" older. it cuts great, haven't put a striping kit on though, so i don't know. Its a good idea with a set up like this to also add a 32". once i get my 32" running or buy a new one, i'll be set.

9. jim dailey

jim dailey LawnSite Senior Member

Mark, look at your pm's. I have left you a couple over the past few days. Pls. reply when you have a chance. Thank you. JIM.

10. RedWingsDet

from Detroit

check yous jim daily. sorry about that, been pretty busy lately.

so about those standers or quick-tracks?