Which 52"?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by txlawnking, Jun 18, 2004.

1. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm looking for a 52" ztr so far I've checked out: Land pride Accu Z 23hp kaw52 $6225 Hustler mini z 23 kaw 52 $6499 Gravely 152 23 kaw 52 $ 6499. The local exmark dealer is High as kite on evry piece of equip. in the place, so no deal there. I really like the land prides' price and the suspension seat, But what else should I look at? I'm going to use it personally, and I'd like to get more than 3-4 seasons out of it. Is there a brand I oughta check out other than these? Let me know good or bad oppinions.

2. txlawnking

Also how about Bad Boy? Any users care to comment?

3. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

I like that Gravley 152Z but it needs a suspension seat though. they all do. The Land Pride IS a Hustler.

There are a whole bunch more nice 52" ZTR's out there. Get some out in the field.

4. Blades of Steel

Blades of Steel LawnSite Senior Member

take a look at the Grasshopper 225/52" it is a solid machine. Most people around here run the Exmark but I was not giving them and extra 1000 $ for their name. I have been extremely happy with my machine and it cuts as good if not better than most that i have seen..

Tim

5. WLLD

WLLD LawnSite Member

I have the Hustler Super Mini Z - it has been a good machine. Whatever you buy - make sure there is trim edge / overhang on the deck. Most 52" ZTR's lack the trim edge. Sold a Turf Tiger for that reason.

Shayne

6. txlawnking

Thanks guys, Envy I knew the land pride is a Hustler. Are there any Bad boy users our there, particiularly 27/52 standard?

7. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

Don't forget to look at a wright sentar. Neat machine. Very heavy built.

8. txlawnking

OK, for any currious today I went to Houston and demoed the 27hp/60" Bad Boy Pup. I also demoed the hustler super z and gravely 260 all same 27 hp kohler. I gotta say the bad boy is bad a** it cut beautifully and seemed very well designed,it's deffinetally top of my list. And I can get it for under $7G out the door. now here's my question and I'm open to all suggestions, at the same dealer he has some leftover Great Dane Super Surfers 22hp kohler/ 52" I can get one for $4500 he sez that he couldn't sell any here in Houston. My reasoning is I could get it and a 32" WB both for under $7G and get a trailer as well. Should I go with one big machine or two smaller ones? Is there a good reason not to get the surfer? I open to all advice/ criticizem.

9. txlawnking

C'mon let me have it!!!!

10. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Well, what you wait'n on? Go try'em out. You might like that Surfer.