Which 60inch zero turn should I buy?????

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by brandy, Jan 23, 2001.

1. brandy

brandy LawnSite Member
    from Pa.

Right now I'm working with a 61 inch bobcat which has stood up very well, but I'm not really satisfied with it's speed. Stats on mower says it is able to mow 3.7 acres an hour. This comming year I will need at least one more rider because of growth. I'm interested in a mower which will one cut alot more grass per hour, and give atleast as good a cut quailty, and hold up to the pounding!!!!!

2. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

You will hear they all are the best. I use Dixie Choppers and have been very satisfied with them. Exmark and Toros are good too, I would just go to the search page and read about all the major brands I have listed on this page. Each brand has many threads with a lot of posts on each tread. After reading about these, go demo them all and see what you like. The search page is the middle link below.

3. mmorgan

mmorgan LawnSite Member

I currently use JDM665's, but there are a lot of great mowers available. Let customer support from a local dealer weigh in heavily in your decision. If you need something right now, you don't want to have to wait a few days to get parts or get put on the list to be fixed like the home owners. they need to know your income depends on this machine running every day. If I had any dealer support, I would probly try a grasshopper. they look well built and have engine choices that I prefer.

4. I demoed one back in the spring of 2000 and bought one. I was impressed with the quality of cut, speed, and how it handled the rough terrain on some of my lawns. It is much easier to work on than any other mowers that I have seen. My customers are impressed with the machine as well. Most say their lawns have not looked better. Go take a look at a Dixie Chopper, I did. They may cost a little more, but believe me they are worth it.

My dealer is 65 miles away from my base of operations. I'd drive farther to get a DC. I have had zero problems with my mower. My dealer even has a loner program if you machine goes down on you and is going to be in the shop. They will put you on demo so you don't lose money while yours is in the shop.

I love my Dixie.

5. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

My heart's in Dixe-----------and so are my payments!

6. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

I will second that!!

7. Cutter1

Cutter1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Man we need more Exmark fans to speak up!! :)

8. MIDSOUTH

MIDSOUTH LawnSite Senior Member

scag or exmark---i like both of them.

9. cleancut

cleancut LawnSite Member

Demo a Gravely 260z...Good mower...Clean-Cut

10. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

Great Dan....crap, just can't bring my self to say John Deere. :(

I would look at Choppers, Exmark, or Hustler around here.