Which 900 series Deere to get?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by dc33, Feb 27, 2013.

1. dc33

dc33 LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

I posted here about my distain for the new Deere B, M, and R classes and how it made it so I cant get what I want:

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=397779&highlight=dc33

Got financing approval for a 661R stander and a 900 series and just have to deside which I want. My options are

1. 2012 930A demo with 250 hrs for $8000, but I would have to add on a stripper, suspension kit and the 950A carb to get the hp from 29 to 31 (old rating) as the 950A only had the comfort and convience package the I hate bringing the total to around $9250

2. a NEW 2012 the is still in crate and arrived in Dec. 930A with the stripping kit and full suspension seat for $10,800. All I would have to add is the 950A carb for about $400

3. or a 2013 930M and I would have to add the rubber flap stripper (roller no longer avaliable :( and I desperately want for a 72" as it acts a as huge anti scalp wheel) add and suspension seat or kit, add a foot brake, add the 950A carb, and I would not get the cross porting hyrdo system that comes on the 2012 A or 2013 R series. Bring the total to about $11,750

Im leaning towards the new 2012 930A

thoughts?

2. dc33

dc33 LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

Theres also the 12 mph A and R series vs the 10 mph M series thing

Not a big deal, but when double cutting the extra mph is helpful. Checked my old Super Z against a radar and it never hit 15, topped at 12. But I know from my old Lazer Z at 10 mph that is at times too slow and I topped it out double cutting and even mowing open areas in the summer time. 12 mph is a nice comfortable middle I think :)

3. williams lcm

williams lcm LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't think you will need to double cut with the Deere. The deck never leaves straglers and leaves an excellent cut.

4. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

I sent you a PM a few days ago. Did you see it?

5. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

get one of the A models. they are better than a B or M model. the R models are good but they will cost more than an A model.

they are selling leftover A models here for $1300 off and they have 0 hrs on them.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 27, 2013
  6. dc33

dc33 LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

not a bad price.
    My dealer is HUGE and has always been a few thousand under all the prices Ive heard over the years. From what I garner Im getting a $13k mower for about $10,800, I get the fleet discount too :)

any idea what you local dealer is asking for 930/950As?

7. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

i have no idea. i haven't been there in awhile. i know when i bought mine list price was over 10k and i got it for $7900. they were only offering $100 discount at the time. original asking price was $8000 which was already over $2000 less than list price.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2013
  8. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

I paid $10,900 + tax for my Z950A last year with the MOD deck, which is a $700+ upgrade. I know they want to move their remaining inventory of NOS machines out, so I'm guessing mine will deal some. They are one of (if not the largest) JD dealers in this state. If I can remember to call, I'll check with them for you tomorrow.

9. WishforScagWildcat

WishforScagWildcat LawnSite Member
    from FL

I would go with the new 930A. My personal opinion but it depends on your budget and taste!

10. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

As promised last night, I called around today.
    I found one you may be interested in. I sent you a PM