which back pack blower? Echo, tanaka

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by clydesdale, Oct 16, 2005.

1. clydesdale

clydesdale LawnSite Senior Member

I have been using an echo pb400e for 15 years. I want to upgrade. I love tanaka trimmers. Can you give me a good suggestion for a good back pack that is not too huge to use for everyday clippings and fall clean ups as well. Thanks

2. TURFLORD

TURFLORD LawnSite Senior Member

Same hear, PB400e user for decades. Had a 6000 for a while. This Spring I bought a Shindaiwa and I love it. I thought I would never buy anything but Echo backpacks. One thing, the highly flexible air tube of the 400e is excellent when blowing out well established planting beds. You know what I'm talkin about. Human origami.

3. dcplace2004

dcplace2004 LawnSite Senior Member

Go with the Stihl BR600...light enough for everyday use, powerful enough for leaf and debris cleanups...I just used it yesterday on a cleanup and it did quite well...Is it the most powerful on the market? The jury is out on that one, but for the bulk of the others, I don't think they are worth the extra minimal CFM/MPH...

4. clydesdale

what about the tanaka units????? I love their trimmers. I have had one for 12 years. Thanks

5. clydesdale

what about the tanaka units????? I love their trimmers. I have had one for 12 years. Thanks