Which Backpack Blower??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by srk5252, Apr 10, 2001.

1. srk5252

srk5252 LawnSite Member

I have had it with my hand-held blower and decided to buy a backpack blower. i know you guys all have your favorite brands but i just wanted to hear your recomendations. I have a budget of about $300-350. What would be the best blower for my budget?? My blower now is a echo but it just doesn't have the power i'm looking for. Any input will be greatly appreciated

2. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

Save or wait a little longer & get a Shindawia or Red Max, will be well worth the difference!

3. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

for $400 id recommend a stihl br400. my first backpack blower was a stihl and i love the br400. lots of power. the new echo back pack is supposed to be real good as well

4. jrebeiro

jrebeiro LawnSite Member

I have a redmax eb7000. Paid about $450-500 for it. Did a cleanup today with it and this thing rocks. Cut my cleanup time in half. Only used a rake to pick up the piles of leaves I rounded up with the blower!

I highly reccomend this one.

5. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

It's a little over your budget, but go with the big Shindaiwa or the big Redmax.

6. GLM

GLM LawnSite Member

I have a Echo PB-600 and got it for about $399. Lighter than the Stihl and very powerful. The smaller Echo is the PB-4600 and is less money, but get the bigger one. You will never be sorry that you bought a more powerful machine.Good Luck.

7. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Stihl BR 400 gets my vote. :cool:

8. UrbanEarth

UrbanEarth LawnSite Member

I can't say enough about my Redmax. Really good, solid machine.

Alan

9. dmk395

dmk395 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ma

Echo Pb603 with a 58.2 cc engine has worked well for me. I also have a Husky 155bt, 44cc which isnt too bad either, although the Echo has a bit more power.

10. dhicks

dhicks Member