Which backup trimmer?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ALEX'S LANDSCAPING, Jan 2, 2012.

1. ALEX'S LANDSCAPING

ALEX'S LANDSCAPING LawnSite Senior Member

One question:
    How do I get rid of my business partner?
    Cause I'm thinking to get rid of him then before the 2012 mowing season ????

2. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

I don't know how tight you guys are, or what your situation is, but I would just talk to him, and expalin that in your off time, you've been researching this business, and what it takes to be successful, and that you feel it'd be best for both of you in the long run to part ways now, before either of you have too much time and/or money invested in it. Have him come on here and read for himself. There are a lot of threads on this subject if you start doing some searches.

3. orangemower

orangemower LawnSite Silver Member
    from pa

Who is your partner? Is he a friend, your brother, a person you just met? How much money does he have invested toward the business? Can you afford to buy him out if need be? I gotta ask, how old are you and your partner?

4. ALEX'S LANDSCAPING

My partner is my Mother. She "sponsor my idea" and my Dad is always asking me to spend the money wisely. I was just listening to you and I thank you all for your advice. I know now what is all about having a partner, and I am glad you told me so much.

5. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

Well, that's quite a bit different from a true partneship.

Sounds like maybe that's one exception to the partnership rule, that is, as long as she's buying while you're flying. Once you can go it alone though, pay mom/dad back as much as you can (or they will take, since it shows great responsibilty and work ethic), and do it. Nothing better than taking the controls.:)

6. orangemower

orangemower LawnSite Silver Member
    from pa

OK. So you really don't have a partner per say but a investor. Just hold off buying anything else for now unless you absolutely need it to do a given job. Go out and try to stir up more customers in your area. Get a good list going then when it comes time to do the lawns, do them with pride and make sure you do them right. Once you start earning some money, start investing in a better mower. Believe me, those push mowers are only going to last a season or two before you'll need something better. Concentrate on making enough to buy a bigger mower. Don't worry about a back up trimmer. If you save enough money, say $600 and while your out working, the trimmer fails and leaves you without a trimmer, go out and buy one. Otherwise, save, save ,save.

7. ALEX'S LANDSCAPING

8. ralph02813

ralph02813 LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree! I have 3 trimmers 1 I bought my redmax the other two where given to me one is and old Shin the other an old cub cadet. I will only buy another Redmax.

9. Alan0354

Alan0354 LawnSite Platinum Member

Buy your favorite new one and keep the current one as backup. Everybody's happy, you'll be happy to have a new toy, the old trimmer will be happy that it get to stay alive much longer!!!

10. ALEX'S LANDSCAPING

ROFL!!!!!! Alan :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: