which bedshaper

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by bligh61, Apr 13, 2008.

1. bligh61

bligh61 LawnSite Member

Opinions on which machine is best for re- cutting existing beds and also making new beds?

2. ColePyck

ColePyck LawnSite Member
    from Midwest

BROWN with the 9horse honda. Bought one this season and great time saver, only thing is it sucks when the ground is soft.

3. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

How hard is it to turn with that one..We have one at the school I go to and it sucks for turning...I thinking of going with the little wonder bedshaper..

4. WALKER LANDSCAPE

WALKER LANDSCAPE LawnSite Bronze Member

The brown is a pain in the A$$ to use "SOMETIMES" when you have perfect condition it works very well. We just bought a little wonder used. The brown works backwards you pulling it the wonder is hydro and runs forward. The Brown runs around $2000.00 new and the wonder is around $3000.00 new. We found this wonder for $800.00 :dancing: I know of a Brown new for $1750.00 in Cincinnati.

5. Trenchblade

Trenchblade LawnSite Senior Member

You should check out trenchblade.com. It is cost effective, easy to use medium alternative to a bed shaper and a shovel. It does not go quite as deep as a bed shaping machine, but still makes a great trench for a bed line, a lot smoother and faster than using a spade. Especially when considering the cost of a bed shaping machine when the Trenchblade fits onto your existing stick edger.

6. Lbilawncare

Lbilawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

Trenchblade, nice product. Too bad I use RedMax edgers.

7. Trenchblade

Do you have a straight shaft or a curved shaft Redmax? The Trenchblade will fit on the straight shaft Redmax, and we will have a Trenchblade to fit the curved shaft Sthil and Redmax by the middle of the week. We just finished some 9 and 10 " trenchblades to fit on some walk behind edgers also. we will be finishing these new blades and get them up on the website and shipping at the beginning of the coming week.

8. smoothbore2004

smoothbore2004 LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

Hey I just ordered the trechblade yesterday but didnt think to make sure if it would work on my Little Wonder Xtra edger. Let me know. Thanks

9. Trenchblade

what size blade do you normally use on it now?

10. smoothbore2004

smoothbore2004 LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

the blade on the little wonder is a specialty blade that is made for there machine but once I get your blade I am gonna make it work regardless.