1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Which blade for Lazer Z With triton deck

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by DustyH, May 18, 2007.

1. DustyH

DustyH LawnSite Member

I went to get blades for my 60" Lazer from the dealer the other day and They didn't have the ones like it came with. My blades Have a recessed section where the bolt holes are. They had two different styles. They had the high lifts that where red and had the same size bolt hole and same length, but they where completely flat around the bolt hole. Will these work other than changing the cutting height? They had some other blades that where just like mine and where marked 60", but they where around an inch shorter. The lady at the desk said that they would still work. I tried them and unless I go real slow,they leave grass standing in between the blades. Any suggestions
  2. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

You need the recessed blades for the Triton deck.. fire the sales lady. Get your part # and only use blades designed for you ZTR.
  3. DustyH

DustyH LawnSite Member

Does anyone make a gator style blade with the recess?
  4. tacoma200

Exmark has always made a gator type blade for it's mowers called the Extreme mulching blade. I am sure they make them for the Triton also. Contact Exmark at 1-800-667-5296 they have always been very friendly and knowledgeable about the Exmark products.
  5. tacoma200

You would think some of the otherExmark guys would help you out a bit.
  6. the Lawnmower Man

the Lawnmower Man LawnSite Member

I bought some of those gator blades for my exmark 50" and personally I am not impressed. In fact I am hoping they issued the wrong blades or something because they are cutting the same as my worn out, dull mulching blades I was replacing. They are leaving little stripes of uncut grass whenever I go through anything mildly thick. Should I try a different blade or is there something terribly wrong?
  7. exmark in/oh

exmark in/oh LawnSite Member

Check your Rake or the level of the deck. It should be level or maybe 1/16 in positive or front down rake. Had issue with "gator " blades in mulch application. Don't do it, use mulch blades if you are mulching. Call exmark if you have problems or your dealer if they are good.
  8. kearneywalnut

kearneywalnut LawnSite Member

I called the Exmark quality of cut guy last week regarding the stingers being left behind by my 56" triton on my Z HP, he gave me engine speed and rake as my problems, those are not the problems, the problem is the airflow around the baffles. The air between the blades comes from opposing directions because of the front baffles, and this causes turbulence which pushes the grass down and leaves those stringers. I am going to try a lower lift blade this week to see if less airflow helps with the turbulence, and maybe the mulch kit to see if the problem disappears when grass doesn't go between blades...
  9. FyrFyt

FyrFyt LawnSite Member

Lawnmower Man, have you figured anything out yet? I have the same mower, blades and issues as you.
  10. lasher66

lasher66 LawnSite Senior Member

My dealer carries both the regular high lifts and the mulching gator blades with the recessed hole. So yes, they recessed hole has to be there