1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Which blade manufacturer?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by jf69, Jan 25, 2014.

1. jf69

jf69 LawnSite Member

Hi all.. Im looking at all these different blade companies out there and wondering what you guys are using. Right now Im running hi lifts on my machines. I came across stens and the price is cheap does that meabn the blades are cheaply made also?
  2. easy-lift guy

easy-lift guy LawnSite Gold Member

There are basically Two manufacturers of Blades in the US. Rotary, Stens I believe most of the box stores carry blades from these Two manufacturers. The majority of the power equipment dealers in the US are supplied by the same Two sources.
    easy-lift guy
  3. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

OREGONĀ® Makes their own blades.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  4. Choppin

Choppin LawnSite Senior Member

Sunbelt makes good blades... They make the Xtremes and they are Marbain steel
    Posted via Mobile Device
  5. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

Its not the brand of blade you buy that counts, its the type of blade with the best lift that gives you the best cut on the different types of grass you cut. Blade manufactures have a set safety standard that they must follow. There is a big difference between some blades with the lift and design that will affect your cut. Then again some mower decks just plain suck with most blades. You need to experiment with different blades on "your" mower to see what works best for you. A lot of the new mowers have odd ball blade sizes so you are limited to variety and have to use OEM blades.