Which blades for 757 Deere?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Daren, Apr 12, 2007.

1. Daren

Daren LawnSite Member

Hello,
    I just purchased a 2002 deere 757 with 60 inch deck. Nice machine. Just wanting suggestions for blades. I have a 2006 Scag Wildcat and it throws the grass out nicely without grass piling up but the deere leaves a smooth line of grass clumped up. Would gator blades help this or what is everyones suggestions?

Thanks,
    Daren

2. Meg-Mo

Meg-Mo Inactive

The MEG MO blades will do a nice job.

3. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

I use the JD oem highlifts on mine or I use double blades. I have found the best setup for double blades are the JD oem highlifts on top and a Dixie Chopper highlift on the bottom. You can get the Dixie Chopper highlifts from J-Thomas for less than 10 bucks a blade.

4. Meg-Mo

Meg-Mo Inactive

For the next 2 weeks we will give 20% off all orders if you tell us you saw this on this site.

5. naturescape

naturescape LawnSite Bronze Member

A suggestion from someone who tried them - don't bother!

6. JD657757

JD657757 LawnSite Member
    from chicago

could you post a picture of how you have this set up. I tried this on mine, but I don't think I had it set up right.

7. DLCS

Just put the stock JD highlift on top and bolt the Dixie Chopper blade(with a 5/8" hole) on bottom. Since the JD blade is what they call a step down blade it will actually cut a little lower than the Dixie blade. So it works perfect that way.

8. lawnboyblake

lawnboyblake LawnSite Member

Did you use the stock bolt? Just checking, but when you run doubles they are goin to be in an X pattern correct?

9. DLCS

Yes, I use the stock bolt and just put them in a + pattern.

10. JD657757

JD657757 LawnSite Member
    from chicago

have you ever tried meg mows on your deere. I have I thought they worked pretty good as well.