which blower to buy?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by stRip, Feb 17, 2008.

1. stRip

stRip LawnSite Member

hello everyone .. just want to start off with saying i love this site and have been doing a lot of reading but just registered tonight! Anyways here it goes....I am looing at to blower the echo pb413 anf the husqvarna 150 bt both around the same price! But i was looking for some good feed back as to what others had to say! Thank you stRip

2. PerfectEarth

PerfectEarth LawnSite Bronze Member

Welcome! I love Stihl products, myself. If you want a nice backpack, go with a BR600! In a handheld, the BG 85 is excellent.

3. yungman

yungman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Calif.

Stay with pure 2 cycle type. Those Hybrid 4 cycles like Stihl 4Mix and Shindaiwa C4 are questionable at best. Search for more posts from the pass.

You look at Redmax? For hand held, Stihl and Maruyama have the big engine. Maruyama have a 30cc one which is about the most powerful hand held. Echo PB413 is good price selling everywhere.

4. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

Husky and red max are now going to be pretty even. Husky owns them and are starting to take some of red max ideas/design and intergrate into there equipment. They state they are leaving red max alone - but ulitimately there changing husky into redmax.

5. SNAPPER MAN

SNAPPER MAN LawnSite Silver Member

I would definatly check out the Echo PB-755. I just got my second one last week and I love them. They are very powerful and comfortable to use.

6. smcunningham

smcunningham LawnSite Senior Member

Since your just starting out (i guess) I would go with the husqvarna 150 bt.
    It has more cfm than the echo and I've owed both and the husky is better...
    You should be able to buy either one for about 300$ @ the big box stores

7. amscapes03

amscapes03 LawnSite Senior Member

redmax 7001 or the 8000........awesome units

8. smcunningham

smcunningham LawnSite Senior Member

He asked about opinions on two specific blowers and everyone has suggested something else.WHY!:confused:

9. yungman

yungman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Calif.

I think the two he named are good. Just a little under power. They both are $300 range. For less than $400 you can get a lot stronger one. If you spent $300 to get something that can last for years to come, it is important to get something that really work. How many times people said " I should have got the next one up!!" Never heard of " I can get the smaller one!!" Point is go to dealer, look for sale. I have seen Stihl BR550 for $299, Husqvarna 356 for $349. Look for sale and get the best. Do not just go for lower price model for professional use. You can make your money back by doing it faster.

*trucewhiteflag*

10. stRip

stRip LawnSite Member

Thank you so much for your positive feed back!!!! stRip:)