1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Which Blower Would U Get?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by SPENCER HUNTER, Dec 29, 2007.

SPENCER HUNTER LawnSite Member

Echo,,redmax,,kaw,, My Neighbor Wants A Backpack For His Personal Use,,, Which One Would U Get ?
  2. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

It's not about brands, it's about power, and money.

Get the one with the most cfm's at ~200 mph, the strongest most powerful unit his money can buy.
    Look at the ratings, you want 200+ mph, 190-210 is the range but don't compromise further, I just say 200mph.
    So now look for the one rated at the most cfm's, WITH tubes.

- Disregard the without tubes rating, that's crap because you'll never use it that way.

If the price is too similar and you still can't decide, flip a coin, it really doesn't matter but so much between top of the line brands.

Echo, Stihl, Kawasaki, Redmax, they're all good.
  3. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

Have an Echo, works good. Would like to try a Redmax 8001 at some point though.
  4. robbo521

robbo521 LawnSite Senior Member

i love my Echo!have used a stihl twice and didnt like it much.dont know anything about the others.
  5. TNT Lawncare

TNT Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I know a guy who has a Stihl and my Echo will blow it across a parking lot.
  6. Lenlak

Lenlak LawnSite Member

Ive got a Tanaka 7600, a Husqvarna 145, & a craftsman 30cc. I would suggest trying some different models on to see what's comfortable & has the best reach /angle for work you'll be doing & then go for/get the most power !!! I like the feel of my Husky (40cc) & the power of the Tanaka (60cc) I wish these manufactors had more tube/nozzle options.

BOSCHERT LAWN CARE LawnSite Member

for around the home use the redmax ebz5000 would do well, and at 349.00 it is priced fair with a 2 year warranty
  8. lawnprosteveo

lawnprosteveo LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

I would (and will this spring) buy an Echo. I have used Shindaiwa..they are great but their dealer support is dwindling in Tulsa. Tried my buddies Redmax..didnt like it...And the Stihls look cool and sleek...but..guys on here say you gotta use Stihl synthetic oil, high octane gas, and talk nicely to it every morning....too high maintenance for me...

I believe I'll just stick with Echo.