Which blower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Jake's Lawn Service, Feb 18, 2006.

1. Jake's Lawn Service

Jake's Lawn Service LawnSite Member

What's up guys? I was looking at the bp blowers and am in the market for one. I was looking at redmax, shindaiwa, and stihl. Redmax has the better warranty and I was leaning towards them because I already have a piece of redmax equipment. I have heard that the redmax blowers are hard to start. I this true. Thanks
    Jake

2. zmowing

zmowing LawnSite Member
    from York,PA

We use shindaiwa blowers never had any proplems with them. Check the spec.Shindaiwa are at the top of the chart. Pro Magazine compared all the blowers about two months ago.

3. sjessen

sjessen LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Knoxville, Tn

I have owned Shindaiwa blowers and currently own Redmax. Neither of them has been hard to start. The Redmax is more reliable than the Shindaiwa I owned. At one time the engine for the Shindaiwa EB630 was made by Redmax. Initially I had some issues with the Redmax 8000 but those were resolved under warranty. The Redmax 7001 has been bulletproof.

4. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

The stihl BR420 is a light weight unit that is packaged nicely and has plenty of power for most uses. It is still a straight 2 cycle engine.

5. ThirdDay

ThirdDay LawnSite Senior Member

We use all Echo blowers and are very happy with them.

The PB-620 has a ton of power and retails for only $379 with a 2 year commercial warranty. We use the PB-620's and some PB-751's for heavy leaf work.

6. befnme

befnme LawnSite Bronze Member

i recently demo'd the new stihl 4 stroke i cant rember the size br600 maybe? it is very strong and not very heavy according to it's size .no oil mixing either that is a plus.

7. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

i would get the sthil 420 while you still can -a time tested desighn

8. baddboygeorge

baddboygeorge LawnSite Bronze Member

the new 8510's are the shiz nizzz get one!!

9. wmsland

wmsland LawnSite Member
    from NE OHIO

befnme, The Stihl 4 stroke equipment still requires a gas and oil mix.

10. Jake's Lawn Service

Jake's Lawn Service LawnSite Member

The only thing about the Echo's are they are sooo heavy. I think I will stick with the Redmax 7000. Thanks again
    Jake