which blower

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by noholdinback, Oct 23, 2006.

1. noholdinback

noholdinback LawnSite Member
    from atlanta

I am stuck with a home depot purchase because of gift card. I cant decide which one of the backpack blowers the choices are pb-260 or pb-413T I have approx 2 acres that I maintain. the 260 is much lighter but will 25.4cc be enough. can someone please help.

2. walds11

walds11 LawnSite Member

I had a Home Depot gift card as well lasy year. Don't get the PB-260. It is basically a hang blower on a back pack. I have the PB-403, which I believe is similar to the PB-413. I have about a half an acre and it is more than enough power. For the extra $30, get the PB-413. Great value at $299.

3. kenmac

kenmac LawnSite Member
    from alabama

I would look at the cfm at the end of the tube. Some rate cfm at the housing. I have a redmax EB 7001 it does a great job. H.D. doesn't sell Red max though.

4. TNT LawnCare Inc.

TNT LawnCare Inc. LawnSite Bronze Member

Get the 413 or 403 echo

5. LarryF

LarryF LawnSite Bronze Member

noholdinback,

Why don't you get something else with the gift card, like seed or fertilizer as you need it (I'm pretty sure HD will give you another card for the value of what was not spent), and get what kenmac got from another place.

6. BareFeet

BareFeet LawnSite Member

get an Echo that is the best home depot sells...if they have a Stihl grt that