Which blowers do u use more often

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by pjslawncare/landscap, Aug 23, 2006.

1. pjslawncare/landscap

pjslawncare/landscap LawnSite Bronze Member

Back pack or hand held. Why

2. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

Handheld.........Most of my sidewalks are less than 50 feet long and by the time I get the backpack of the rack , cranked and on my back, I can be almost done or done with the handheld. On a larger lot or condo unit I will use the backpack.

wayne

3. Dashunde

Dashunde LawnSite Senior Member

Backpack, it doesnt make my hand tingle like the BG85 does.
    It only takes a few seconds more to get ready and the power advantage is worth it.

4. kppurn

kppurn LawnSite Senior Member

BP..more power than my handhelds. It only takes a couple seconds to put it on and that time is recouped by blowing off the grass faster.

5. mowerdave

mowerdave LawnSite Member

Use both, but I use the hand held the most. It is lighter and just easier to use. If the grass is wet and sticking to sidewalks, I will pull out the backpack because it blows way more air.

6. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

Backpack, none of the handhelds have a decent anti-vibe system therefore you can barely hold onto the damn things at WOT. Spend what an extra 10 seconds getting ready with the backpack then only need 1 minute run time? Backpack, backpack, backpack.

7. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

Backpack, havent owned a handheld in about 10 years.

8. subs1000w

subs1000w LawnSite Member

bp 90% because its alot more powerful and comfortable
    bp and hh 10% for really wet grass and leaves

9. Tadams

Tadams LawnSite Senior Member

the only handheld that I have is a combo shred-n-vac that I use on some places to get up cigarette butts so it would take more time to get it out of the locked cage and take it apart and put it back together as a blower. I have 2 Stihl blowers on racks that take no time at all to crank and have on my back.

10. Evergreenpros

Evergreenpros LawnSite Bronze Member

handheld in the summer when it's dry, backpack in winter when it's wet. I'd say I blow far more sq/ft per week with the backpack due to using it on large properties but the small ones with a sidewalk and a small driveway get the handheld. Plus on larger prop's when the other person is done they grab the handheld and help blowing. Sit's in a rack on the fender of the trailer out of the way.