Which brand Leaf loader to buy?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Aaron Marshall, Aug 31, 2005.

1. Aaron Marshall

Aaron Marshall LawnSite Member

I am planning on purchasing a leaf loader for fall clean-ups. As far as I know there are several brands: parker, giant-vac, billy goat, trac-vac, and lesco. I am looking for aprx. a 16hp. Those of you would could compare them, please let me know! Thanks
    Aaron

2. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

Aaron, I PM'd you.

3. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

We run a 16HP Billy Goat. We are VERY happy with it. Running it going on 3 years now. Knock on wood no problems with it...well we did have it come off the trailer (forgot to tie it down...long story) and it came off the trailer at 60MPH. Only thing that was damaged was the chute connection. Cost about 275 bucks to have the dealer replace it. Bottom line, its rugged/durable....

4. Aaron Marshall

Thanks for your imput! Has anyone had two brands of them that they could compare which one worked better?
    Thanks
    Aaron

5. jtrice11

jtrice11 LawnSite Senior Member

I have a Billy Goat, very pleased.

6. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

Try to buy one that has a replaceable wear shield in the housing. I had Giant Vac 8 HP that served my purpous very well. I now have a Lesco that works very good. The blower housings wear out rather fast and are expensive.

Gene

7. mowdini

mowdini LawnSite Member

Take a serious look at the Little Wonder leaf loader. I just bought a 16hp unit to be mounted on my trailer and saved a bunch of money. They have $100.00 off plus you get another $100.00 off for every leafblower you buy. GREAT DEAL!!! Check out their website: www.littlewonder.com

8. Aaron Marshall

About how much did you pay for your little wonder loader if you don't mind me asking?
    Thanks

9. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

little wonder vac. I have a gaint vac. When I can afford to replace it. I will with a little wonder. :D

10. mowdini

mowdini LawnSite Member

Aaron--I paid $2,699.00 after rebate out the door. I also bought a couple of blowers that I saved $100.00 each on.