1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Which brand trimmer would you buy?

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by supercutz, Feb 12, 2014.

What trimmers would you buy?

Poll closed Apr 13, 2014.
  1. Stihl

16 vote(s)
  2. Shindaiwa

6 vote(s)
  3. Husqvarna

6 vote(s)
  4. Echo

10 vote(s)
  5. Mauryama

3 vote(s)
  6. Redmax

8 vote(s)
  1. 360lawncare

360lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Husqvarna all the way.
  2. looperlawn

looperlawn LawnSite Member

I run husqvarnas one of them is 12 years old ,one is 7 years, and one last spring with grass blade. Lightweight and power. I have a sthil 110 is used as a power head mostly. Nobody likes trimming with it, to heavy.
  3. supercutz

supercutz LawnSite Member

Everybody is saying stihl but echo has the most votes??
    Posted via Mobile Device
  4. MRCo.

MRCo. LawnSite Member

Husqy bought Redmax to get their engine tech. New homeowner Redmaxes are red Husqy, the pro level are true Redmax, BCZ350S excepted.
  5. CraigCowen

CraigCowen LawnSite Member

That's because Stihl guys aren't smart enough to realize they need to actually vote! :laugh:
  6. LawnMowerMan2003

LawnMowerMan2003 LawnSite Senior Member

Well, it used to be Shindaiwa, but it's been so long since I've used one (both mine were stolen) and I've used Echo so much that I have to say Echo, because I have the most experience with them. I've had to do very few repairs on my Echos (even the cheaper ones). I've used Stihl before, but it does seem heavier; so I probably won't buy one.
  7. JeffH1

JeffH1 LawnSite Member

Not a choice...but I wield a Ryobi!
  8. Armsden&Son

Armsden&Son LawnSite Silver Member

Hahaha... I like that word wield...

Shindaiwa over here boys.... ALL DAY LONG!!!!!!!!!

I am a bit biased however because I always have been and always will be a Shindy nut!

I almost cried when the merger with echo took place but so far everything has been great....

Yes, a 2014 T242 is not what a 1999 T242 was....

However, this is more about emissions in general rather than anything to do with the Yamabiko corporation as some folks would have us believe.....
  9. Middle Tennessee Lawn

Middle Tennessee Lawn LawnSite Member

We ran green machines in beginning they were incredible well built and they would last forever
    But they were exspensive back in the 1980's they were around 500.00 switched to husqvarna after that they would lasted 7-10 years good machines we have been running mix echos and shindaiwas for last 10 years or so no buying one model of echo trimmer only and its best weight power and vibration of any machine ever we order them with steel drive shafts vs cable drive and there only 325. Each
    Posted via Mobile Device
  10. The Don'z

The Don'z LawnSite Member

Last year I decided to purchase Husqv. trimmers, the first one was the 4 cycle 224 it died in about 6 months, the second was the DL128, 2 cycle,, in less than 2 months the motor seized up. Husqv mechanic said it was because of a dirty fuel filter or air filter (he don't know which??) I think he's full of little green apples that horses leave behind,, I'll buy Stihl or Echo now.