Which Brand Zero Turn Mower

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by nottus, Nov 2, 2013.

1. nottus

nottus LawnSite Member

Really Thank You for your thinking. Have to look into that aspect.
    Thanks Again,

B.

2. nottus

nottus LawnSite Member

I Called a couple of tractor companies here, they said "No Way". Not even used, for the prices you said. Used, was to start 10K. They were 40 Horse.

So they said, the Zero Turn mower is is cheapest way.

But Thanks anyway.

B.

3. ducnut

ducnut LawnSite Bronze Member

You have a budget, you're pushing it to make $3K happen, and that's the bottom line. I have a number of clients who are on SS, so I get that, as well.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the Raptor and 52" deck, if you can swing it. The larger deck will cut down the amount of hours on the machine. And, you get a 3-year warranty. It'd be nice to get into a larger chassis for the smoother riding, larger diameter tires and the longevity the heavier build bring, but, that's not an option. Talk to your Hustler dealer about demoing a Raptor 52" on your property. Then, go from there. I don't think you can go wrong with this machine. Again, you have a budget.

4. nottus

nottus LawnSite Member

I want to THANK ALL of you folks, for your time.

So I am going to do a LOT of Looking. Maybe I will find a nice mower, for

what I can afford. Till Then, Hope you all have a nice Thanksgiving.

Again, I Really Thank You All for all of your time.

Bye for awhile,

B.

5. pete326

pete326 LawnSite Member

Nottus --- Earlier this year, my former next door neighbor bought a new Hustler Raptor 52" with the 23hp Kawasaki engine and paid $3000 out-the-door (sales tax, setup and delivery included). He has a flat, one acre lot with very few trees. He absolutely loves the machine and, I must say, it does a wonderful job. He is fastidious about his lawn and, except during extremely hot weather (Maryland has had very little this year), he cuts his lawn at least twice a week. I haven't taken time to read your earlier comments, but if your needs are similar to my friend's the Raptor should be an excellent choice for you.

6. A. W. Landscapers  Inc.

A. W. Landscapers Inc. LawnSite Bronze Member

I think the Raptor will serve you well. After all, you are only doing your own lawn and it will only be you using it…it's not like you are going to be mowing 50 lawns a week with three different guys using the mower.

Good luck.

7. nottus

nottus LawnSite Member

Yes, I too, like the Hustler Raptor. More in my price range.

Thanks,

B.

8. nottus

nottus LawnSite Member

Yes, it would be only mowing, and only in my yard.

It should last me, for as long as I need a mower, bar and real problems.

The warranty is good also.

Thanks Again Scott for your inputs.

Have a nice Thanksgiving.

B.