1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

which business card do you like better?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by apowell18, Jan 15, 2007.

1. apowell18

apowell18 LawnSite Member

Hey fellas...would like some input from you all on my business identity...I have two samples of business cards, which will in turn become my identity...either way I go the cards will be front and back, full color, glossy finish...My name will either be Andrew Lawn or Andrew Lawn Care so forget the landscape part on one of the cards...thanks

front copy (2).jpg

Attached Files:

2. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

I'm not particularly fond of either.

But I would go with the first since it matches your website.
    Your name should just be a little less 'sore thumb'

It shouldn't grab attention over your business name.
  3. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

Definitely the 2nd one!!!!!! Looks good!
  4. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

Show him yours, Envy. So maybe he can get an idea of what a business card should look like.
  5. Damian

Damian LawnSite Member

The one in pdf form is the best. Everything from the different colors to the design makes it easier to read and more attractive.
  6. smcunningham

smcunningham LawnSite Senior Member

damian what are talking about the one in pdf ... where?
  7. Ed Ryder

Ed Ryder LawnSite Senior Member

In my opinion, a business card is not of great importance for a lawn mowing service. It's been over 20 years since I had a business card for my lawn service. I really haven't had much need for them.

Sometimes it is desirable to have them handy though. If start-up capital is small, go with an inexpensive printing option for business cards and focus your resources on other print material.

(I didn't look at the second design.)
  8. apowell18

apowell18 LawnSite Member

ENVY...if I went with the pdf then I would have the website changed...my buddy does all of this for me for free, so it doesn't cost a dime to change or develop any design...thanks fellas for the input...I am leaning toward the second one with more color...
  9. Allure

Allure LawnSite Senior Member

I like the 1st one better especially the coloration. I agree with envy that the business name should be the center of attention. reduce the font on your name & maybe move it down to the bottom left.

Since you are dropping 'landscape' from your name, you will then have room to enlarge the company name so it is more prominent.

what is the back going to look like?
  10. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

go with the second one