Which catcher?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lil'MowinMan93, Jul 23, 2008.

1. Lil'MowinMan93

Lil'MowinMan93 LawnSite Member

Who makes the best? accelerator grass gobbler or rack em'? or any others i should consider would help.

2. DSLND

DSLND LawnSite Bronze Member

Grass Gobbler products have been great to me. I have two, a bigger one, and a smaller one. Both are great, solid pieces.

I paid around $200 for the bigger one, and $120 for the smaller one (3.3 cu. ft)

-Mitch-

3. MileHigh

MileHigh LawnSite Silver Member

I have a grass gobbler....I get a lot of dust, and some grass clippings that dont make it in there. Next one I get will be an accelerator.

4. greenred

greenred LawnSite Senior Member
    from IL

I have a grass gobbler that worked great. It is heavy but is also really well made.

5. delphied

delphied LawnSite Silver Member

Accelerator for me. I paid alot and its worth every penny. You dont hear that from me very often.

6. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

Grass Gobbler for me I have three.

7. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

The Accelerator is hands down the best catcher made. Are they more expensive than a regular GG?, yes they are, but the "standard" size Accelerator is also bigger volume wise than a standard GG. The Accelerator's are also lighter and easier to empty.

8. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

I have the grass gobbler...I haven't used many others but it's been good for me.

9. BanvilleLawnCare

BanvilleLawnCare LawnSite Member

I would agree that the accelerator is the nicest catcher but I decided to save some money and buy a Catcher King because I don't use my catcher a whole lot. I'm pretty sure it cost about $150 for a 4.4 cubic foot catcher. It's really heavy duty but it weighs about 50lbs. full of damp grass! Overall, i'd say it's a good option if you only use your catcher for leaves and real tall grass and such.

10. CharlotteOutdoorImpact

CharlotteOutdoorImpact LawnSite Senior Member

What about that poly one I think it called the grass packer?

I am between that and the regular steel grass gobbler...It would be nice to have the accelerator but I am more than likely going to upgrade my mower in a couple years and would have to buy a new one, then it will be aluminum.

Anyone have advise on the packer?

Thanks