1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

which chain saw ?

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by blk90s13, Apr 14, 2008.

1. blk90s13

blk90s13 LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a couple of dead trees in my back yard ( pulled out the ground when installed new spetinc tank field ) and i need to cut them down to smalled pieces and taken them into the township dump

unless anyone wants to come get what ever they want to use for fire wood I also have about an acr of trees looking to clear out who ever want the wood for free come cut and haul away all you want ?

Is this how it works ? I am trying to avoind paying for taking out trees

what chain saw shoudl i buy ? looked at the 18 inch HUSQVARNA its about $229 40cc 2 cycle auto lube is that good enough for home owner use ? or is it an over kill
  2. Ooomwizard

Ooomwizard LawnSite Senior Member
    from atlanta

That saw will work just fine.

If ya ad on Craigslist somebody may come over to hack up your trees. (Will probably leave a mess and hope they aren't within fell-shot of your house!)

Propbably not a pro here will do it for wood.

3. Steve Swail

Steve Swail LawnSite Member

Husqvarna & Stihl are both great choices, even if you go at the very lowest end of their chainsaw lineup. Even if you use the saw once or twice & decide you want to get rid of it, you'll have a much easier time selling one of the above mentioned brands than you will a cheaper, "homeowner" brand. There is a reason these two are the choice of a lot of pros who run saws for a living....