1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Which chain saw???

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by BlazerRidge, May 30, 2011.

1. joee0914

joee0914 LawnSite Member

I have to agree... The farm boss is amazing. I have a 20" bar and it cant be stopped. Well worth the money.
  2. Lugnut

Lugnut LawnSite Senior Member

I would suggest going for the used 034...Stihls are great saws, I've got 4 of them and haven't had one problem except for the pull cord on my climbing saw which I bought used anyway
  3. ELS LLC

ELS LLC LawnSite Member

Stihl . They are the best. Have an older 056 unstoppable.
  4. alanauer

alanauer LawnSite Member

Sounds like you don't need another saw as much as you need a longer bar/chain for yours. You get most wear-out in the chain, so buying another is almost like buying gas and oil for it. A bar doesn't last forever either, nor does the drive sprocket. So just get some extras and you can convert your saw from limbing to felling. Stihls last a long time, and are easy to change things on at the work-site.
  5. bobcat48

bobcat48 LawnSite Gold Member

6. orourke15

orourke15 LawnSite Member

Check out Jonsered if you have any dealers in the area. Jonsered is the same company as Husqvarna just all commercial grade. And more reasonable than Stihl commercial grade. I have a 2165(65cc) and 2152(52cc) and love them both. I also have an 026 Stihl and 011 Stihl arborist saw and prefer the Jonsered saws anyday!
  7. JCLawn and more

JCLawn and more LawnSite Fanatic
    from MI

I have a dolmar 6400. It has a 20inch bar and it runs awesome. Honestly I think dolmar has the best made saws out there. Very minimal plastic on it. Mine was $600 but if your looking 18inch you should find one in your price range. Dolmar only makes commercial equipment.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  8. jwsland

jwsland LawnSite Member

Didn't know that. I was under the impresion that any husqvarna "XP" models were commercial/profesional grade.
  9. jbturf

jbturf LawnSite Bronze Member

what are the advantages/disadvantages to the chain sizes?
    seems .325 and 3/8 are most common
  10. pro-interlock

pro-interlock LawnSite Member

We have bought a lot of different brand chain saws and the best are stihl and echo.