1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Which comm. 36 inch to buy?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Fonteslandscapes, Dec 9, 2013.

1. Fonteslandscapes

Fonteslandscapes LawnSite Member

Just got into the business this late summer after taking over for the person I worked for. I took over a business in which was mostly based on using 21" mowers . I'm growing the business and with that taking on bigger lawns and the 21" inch honda comm. aren't enough .

What should I be looking for in a 36" walk behind. I will have about 30 lawns with half needing a 36.

I'm looking to buy new and most likely a hydro.

Any suggestions ?

2. ELS LLC

ELS LLC LawnSite Member

Exmark Hydro 36. Get the best from the start!
  3. Dr. Cornwallis

Dr. Cornwallis LawnSite Senior Member

Gravely hydro with pro steer controls or the Exmark Turf Tracer S.
  4. blk90s13

blk90s13 LawnSite Bronze Member

I like my floating deck eXmark metro would like to find a 48 turf tracer as well.
  5. 205mx

205mx LawnSite Silver Member

Ex mark is a great machine- always hear great things about the Snapper Pros
    Posted via Mobile Device
  6. 32vld

32vld LawnSite Gold Member

Why are half needing a 36"?

Why not get a 48"?
  7. 205mx

205mx LawnSite Silver Member

Not sure about him, but I bought a 2013 48" this summer as part of a package deal, already have it for sale. It sits in the shop most days. Too small for most of my lawns. But too big to get in MOST gates.

60 & 36" are my primary machines
    Posted via Mobile Device
  8. Fonteslandscapes

Fonteslandscapes LawnSite Member

Most of them have gates , only 36 would pass.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  9. DXN1EL

DXN1EL LawnSite Senior Member
    from TEXAS

Does the Snapper Pro SW20 have the same control as the Ferris Comfort Control DD 36"?
  10. millie86

millie86 LawnSite Member

if you buy new , it depends on what dealer support you have in area. you could also buy a good condition used. i bought a 36 great dane scamper hydro last year and it still is in very good condition . bought it for $1050. im sure you could look around in your area and find a good deal . But if go new , it might be good idea to have some dealer support.