Which comm. 36 inch to buy?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Fonteslandscapes, Dec 9, 2013.

1. Dr. Cornwallis

Dr. Cornwallis LawnSite Senior Member

To me, in my opinion, a 48 WB doesn't make any sense as it won't go anywhere a ZTR wont go and if I'm mowing a lot of hills I'm going to use a 60 WB. 36 and 60 WB make sense, one for going through gates, the other for mowing hills. Other than that I would be rolling on a ZTR as they don't cost that much more than a WB and you don't have to walk.

2. Middle Tennessee Lawn

Middle Tennessee Lawn LawnSite Member

Toro same as xmark only cheaper funny pricing used to be opposite as we used to refer to xmark as poor mans toro
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. 205mx

205mx LawnSite Silver Member

Not really sure. I have one snapper and its a sweet mower, the loop controls are like a relaxed pistol grip. They're great. I like them better than my ecs

Kawasaki motor starts in cold with no choke,
    Pulls me (200lbs) around with zero strain.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

2nd the Exmark Turf Tracer S series. ECS controls, once you get on to them, are NEVER hard on your hands. Total workhorse machine.

5. Fonteslandscapes

Fonteslandscapes LawnSite Member

In your opinion what should I be looking to spend if I'm expecting is to be one of my main mowers, it looks like I should be going with exmark or toro. I'm a bit OCD and i'm looking for a good finish cut.

Thanks for everyones input, this sight seems like a good find.

6. 205mx

depends on you and your business. 3k will get you a great 36"
    I paid 1,000 for a snapper earlier this season and its a great great machine.

7. echo

echo LawnSite Bronze Member

No. The DD has grips that sense your hands when one or both touches the control/s. The Snapper Pro you push down on the top of the controls just as you would to operate it. It doesn't have the sensor grips. Problem with the DD is that it doesn't sense your hands if you have gloves on. There's a manual override leaver but its a bit cumbersome, IMO. If the Snapper Pro 36" had electric start, it would be the best 36" available. As far as the Ferris/Snapper walkbehinds, the controls and cruise control bar are the best and easiest to use on the market, IMO.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited: Dec 9, 2013
  8. 205mx

Looking in to rigging one up for my mower this winter. may not be possible.
    Although, the thing starts so easy anyway that it may not be worth it. who cares

9. echo

echo LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree, but if there's electric start available, we get/use it.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. 123hotdog

123hotdog LawnSite Senior Member

Dealer support is everything. If this is going to be your primary mower, make sure your dealer will offer a loaner during warranty repairs. After seven years in the industry, I finally found a dealer that gives excellent service. I even buy their echo handheld equipment and I despise echo stuff. I do it cause the excellent service I get. Don't get me wrong I still buy some used stuff but if its the bread winner, it should be new and under warranty.