1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Which commercial walk behind

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by RPH2929, Mar 12, 2007.

1. RPH2929

RPH2929 LawnSite Member

Hello. I am homeowner w/ 1/3 acre that I want to look really good. I am currently looking at the Exmark gear Metro 36", Scag gear SW 36" and Snapper Hydro 32" / Gear 36". All have the KIA engines. The snapper 32" has the newer grip style standard.
    Overall for quality of cut and reliability, which mower would you prefer?
    I am not against a residential riding mower, but not sure they will give the cut I want.
    Best Regards,
  2. d.m.d.

d.m.d. LawnSite Member

1/3 acre......get a good self propelled 22'' mower with a bagger.you might think im being ignorant but 1/3 acre aint much and the guy i bought my commercial mower from told me you get your best cut from a residential push mower.i used to think wow those big mowers do a good job(and they do).but all the guys with the big machines have them cause they cut volumes of grass as fast as possible.....But if your like me you want a good machine anyway.id look and see if you can find a deal on a 2006 ferris hydrowalk................maybe theres a dealer in your area......

CUTNTIME LawnSite Member

I own a 36'' exmark, good mowers but like
    d.m.d. said, a good 22'' self propelled w/bagger
    is all you need for 1/3 acres.exmark does make
    one -22'' w/bagger commercial grade.good luck.
  4. RPH2929

RPH2929 LawnSite Member

Thanks gentlemen. However, I want a lawn with a more professional finish. I currently use a Honda HR commercial 21" mower. Anyone else who has experience with the mowers I mentioned, please reply.
    Best regards.

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

For the money . A Quick 36 would be hard to beat. Do a search on here for a quick 36 and look at the feedback .
  6. d.m.d.

d.m.d. LawnSite Member

oh im sorry i misunderstood the question at hand.i would check into a 61'' ferris dd walk behind you will get a commercial cut and be done in 15 minutes less weedeating and blowing......
  7. RPH2929

RPH2929 LawnSite Member

Thanks d.m.d. However, I am looking for a 32" or 36" as my original question stated.

I appreciate the information. The Samurai 36 looks like what I may want. How is the striping? I have been told the Exmark needs nothing extra, the vacuum does it all. Best regards