Which Credit Card for Business???

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by SLC LLC, Jan 2, 2007.

1. SLC  LLC

SLC LLC LawnSite Senior Member

I am inquiring about a preferred credit card or if any of you are currently using one with good rewards, etc.? I have always used checking account to pay for everything, including gas. However, we are now running multiple crews with a hired foreman that I trust, and it is very difficult to be there everytime mowers or trucks need fueled. Since I now have that person that I put trust in, I feel comfortable going ahead with a credit card for the business.

I get mailings daily, but usually just send them right into the shredder and have not taken the time to actually look at what the card offers. Is there a particular card that you would recommend?

2. draftlawncare

draftlawncare LawnSite Member

i like my american express gold business card 0 % afr no preset spending limit i also have a mastercard with 11% rate i hardly ever use either though

3. TURFLORD

TURFLORD LawnSite Senior Member

Depends how good your credit is. Never pay for the "privelege" of a credit card. If it's just for fuel, go to a large chain that offers cash back when you make a purchase. I use Hess. 5% back. 1% on other stuff. Make damn sure they can't charge non-fuel items on the card. Back in the day, when I had multiply crews, I had an account directly with the owner of a local station. Gas up all month long, fuel only, pay it off in full every month.

4. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

I have a MC with my bank that I have my business banking with... They now have a reward card for business but I have not made the change....

5. stumpslawncare

stumpslawncare LawnSite Member

I use advanta small business, they offer a good cash back program.

6. GreenN'Clean

GreenN'Clean LawnSite Bronze Member

That sounds like the best thing to do!!!

7. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Yep, exactly what we do.

8. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I do pay mine off every month due to a high 21.99% Apr, but with a nice limit I also have the option of carrying a sizable balance (which is a killer, I hate the fees on that balance).

I use Capital One's Business card, each dollar spent = 1 mile.
    10,000 miles = $100 cash or other rewards.
    No annual fee and no bs (just that high apr), with online banking (pay and review online anytime).

9. Stillwater

Stillwater LawnSite Platinum Member

AMEX NO QUESTION

10. Allure

Allure LawnSite Senior Member

Amex blue cash - have one for personal use as well. Got $857 cash back in '05 & should equal that in '06

Also have Citibusiness platinum select mastercard w/rewards program. got 15,000 points just for joining. (good for about $150 gift card)

there are probably cards with lower rates but i always pay in full.